Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hangar reproductions

Article about: Please could someone tell me if there is a thread about hangars and the copys of them and what to look for? I remember seeing a very good copy of some 2nd luft deluxe fittings and was wonder

?

Default Hangar reproductions

Please could someone tell me if there is a thread about hangars and the copys of them and what to look for?
    I remember seeing a very good copy of some 2nd luft deluxe fittings and was wondering if any new information
    has come to light?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hangar reproductions
    P
    Many

Here's a linky regarding Heer hangers that's part of a sticky in the dagger forum.

Portepee & Gehnge

It's not Luft related though. I haven't heard of any really good copies of either that would fool a serious collector, but I guess there are copies of a sort out there. There are various tests that can help when you have them in hand, like blacklight and burn tests, but these may not be definitive. At the end of the day, the best thing to do if you're not sure is post good pic's here for appraisal, then you'll be fine.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Luke,

Interesting to see, I haven't seen that post before! They're not a bad copy at all tbh, but when compared to my own sets of hangers there's many differences that leap out to me. But I will say that a few years down the line, these will fool a lot of people when they get some aging, as well as the novice collector right now. If you want to see some really well photographed examples, go to Meda Militaria and check his selection out. I was talking to JR today, and he's picking up some more stock at the MAX show this month. I've bought most of my dagger accoutrements from him, and it's all been great quality original gear. He's a smashing bloke to deal with.

Meda Militaria Home

Here's a few shots of my Luftwaffe hangers on a thread I posted a couple of weeks back regarding my 2nd pattern Tiger dolch, I got them and the portapee from JR a while back.

Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Very nice dagger Ned thanks for showing and I had a look at that site very nice items, good to know thank you.
    It would be nice to know of a site or thread that has all the variations of hangars and known fakes.

You can see my hangars in this post of mine...but the photos could be better
    My second model Luftwaffe dagger

Quote by LMG 1 View Post
    Very nice dagger Ned thanks for showing and I had a look at that site very nice items, good to know thank you.
    It would be nice to know of a site or thread that has all the variations of hangars and known fakes.
    Thanks. That sort of info is thin on the ground, but probably by far the best is Larry's thread in the dagger forum that you've already highlighted. There's also a whole load of sticky's there that are essential reading, it's just finding the time there's that much! It's getting to be the best reference on the web I think, and that's all thanks to Larry and the other dagger guys here. You only have to note how many top blade collectors are here or have joined recently to see that it's being done right!

Regards, Ned.

?

Yes I have noticed the difference over the last few months/years some good reference and people on here

Ned: I couldn't agree more with you about JR. I've had many awesome transactions with him. A great guy and easy to deal with. I hope to meet up with him at the Max today.

Luke

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Ned: I couldn't agree more with you about JR. I've had many awesome transactions with him. A great guy and easy to deal with. I hope to meet up with him at the Max today.

Luke
    Hi Luke,

Say hi from me to him! He knows me as "the guy from Bishops Wood, England"..... He's picking me up a nice portapee whilst at the show.

Regards, Ned.