Help an Author - "TeNo Dagger & Hewer" Book
Help an Author - a New "TeNo Dagger & Hewer" Book
I would like to ask for your kind assistance in helping a young author, who is writing an in-depth book about the TeNo Dagger & Hewer (& Accoutrements).
His name is DENIS VASYLYEV (i.e. Den) and he is from Kharkov, Ukraine. He is a very serious TR Collector and researcher. He has attended the MAX and Col. Tom Johnson has assisted him with rare research materials and encouragement. The book will be published in both English and in Russian, with full color photos of the various items.
I have been corresponding with Den for over 6 months and I am very impressed with his attention to details & his focus on this subject. I’ve shared with Den my TeNo blade collection, photos and period TR publications - & I hope that you will do the same.
In order for us as TR Collectors to get the ‘best’ Books, we need to take the time to share our collections so that the most comprehensive grouping of examples & information is available. Your name will be given proper Credit for those items which you submit for the book. You can send an email with your Attachments to Den at:
For the book, Den is especially looking for Information & Photos regarding:
1. TeNo Daggers & Hewers & Hangers, from your collections.
2. TeNo NCO/EM Portepee examples (it’s hard to locate all 8 variations!)
3. High & Low numbered TeNo Daggers or Hewers.
4. Attributed (where the Owner is known) TeNo Daggers or Hewers.
5. Unusual COLORS examples of the Grips of the TeNo Dagger or Hewer.
6. Artwork by Casberg, Döbrich, (& others) of TeNo members wearing the TeNo Dagger or Hewer or Bayonets.
7. Artwork Drawings by Casberg, of the TeNo Dagger & Hewer.
8. Photos of TeNo members wearing the TeNo Dagger or Hewer [or Bayonets.]
9. Photos of Chef der TeNo (O. Limmitzsch, H. Weinreich, W. Smelcher) and Deputy Chef E. Hampe, or other TeNo high officers.
10. Scans of original TR documents and publications relating to edged weapons of the TeNo.
11. FAKE TeNo Daggers or Hewers. (There will be a Chapter on “Fakes” & their identification.)
12. De-Nazified, damaged or in poor condition TeNo Daggers or Hewers. (Since prior books often have pictures of only almost mint items.)
13. Unusual variations of the TeNo Daggers, Hewers, Hangers and related.
14. Any other items or information, which you’d like to submit.
To get the very best quality printing, your scans & photos ‘Optimally’ should be at 300 dpi resolution and an image size of > 1.2 Mb.
[Yes, that is BIG, but it’s what is needed for quality printing. Also, I’ll be pleased to help you re-size any images, should you need assistance. Feel free to contact me through the Forum.]
I encourage you to submit your TeNo “Treasures” to Den, as I am confident that his book will be a Super addition to TR Collecting. Contact Den at:
Thanks for your Assistance to Den for his “TeNo Dagger & Hewer Book”. … Dave/dblmed
06-11-2010 07:15 AM
Re: Help an Author - "TeNo Dagger & Hewer" Book
Colleagues, thank you to everyone who sent photos of products from a collection, as well as copies of original documents. We are again appeal for your help. We need some good photos of items with specific numbers.
Now we are looking for information and good pictures of the following items.
1. Dirk with numbers to the first hundred. 0001-0100
2. Dirk with etched number less than 2200
3. Dirks have stamping number more than the number in 2500
4. Dirk with numbers 0821,0902,1643,2155,2174,2231,2942,3113,3754
1. Hewer have numbers to the first hundred. 0001-0100
2. Hewer with numbers from 1650 to 2350
3. Hewer with numbers 1358,1367,1632,2324,6051,6290,7100
If you have what any of these items, please use your photos for publication. Photos are needed in high resolution.