MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help with German naval knife please

Article about: Hiya, firstly sorry if I have posted in the wrong place im a total noob here this is my first post. I searched through this forum (and what feels like the entire internet) and could not find

Jon83uk
    ?

Default Help with German naval knife please

Hiya, firstly sorry if I have posted in the wrong place im a total noob here this is my first post.

I searched through this forum (and what feels like the entire internet) and could not find anything in relation to the knife that I need help with, so I thought I would upload a few pictures and ask you guys who have a vast amount of knowledge on these items for a little help.

I am curious about this knife that my Mothers Uncle acquired during WW2, all I have been able to find out is that it is a naval knife, it is very small I was thinking that it was some kind of letter opener but I dont know. During my searching I found knives that looked very similar but of a much better quality, ceremonial type daggers, these appeared alot but none that looked as bland and as average as mine. So over to you guys, anything you can tell me, age, what type of person it would have belonged to etc would be very much appreciated.
    thanks alot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with German naval knife please   Help with German naval knife please  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Help with German naval knife please

hi and welcome

it indeed seems to be an kriegsmarine miniature dagger or so cald letter opener is the swastica still in the wreath under the eagle

and can you please post some detail pictures as these would really help to say if it is a real or replica one

thank you

?

hi and welcome ,, have seen this type of naval knife turn up on a regular basis on a few sites and dealers pages over the years , the best explaination of them i have heard is post war letter opener. if thay were in production pre 45 i cant say . on the cost price i have seen them sell for between 30 to 60 sterling on ebay . hope this is of some help to you. ppsh33........:

Jon83uk
    ?

ok thanks guys heres a few more pictures, its a bit dirty needs a good clean, but hope these are more clear and helpful. No swastica under the eagle btw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with German naval knife please   Help with German naval knife please  

well after seeing these pics i think ppsh is wright when he says postwar made dagger
    sorry to say

Jon83uk
    ?

no dont be sorry at all the truth is what I am after , thank you for the input