Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help identifying dagger

Article about: It would be greatly appreciated, if I can get help identifying this suspected pre-WW2 dagger. It has a marking on the blade that I do not recognize. The dagger may be possibly Austrian. I al

?

Default Help identifying dagger

It would be greatly appreciated, if I can get help identifying this suspected pre-WW2 dagger. It has a marking on the blade that I do not recognize. The dagger may be possibly Austrian. I also suspect it would be pretty WW2 by the green leather scabbard.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

Help identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying daggerHelp identifying dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying dagger   Help identifying dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying dagger
    P
    Many

Interesting one. I suspect the dagger and scabbard do not match, as why fit a leather stopper up by the ricasso when the scabbard is all leather itself? So it may have had a metal scabbard, suspended by a hanger of some sort. My feeling is post WW2 and Eastern European.

?

The "h" looks similar to a Celtic type font without all the embellishments ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying dagger   Help identifying dagger  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

This is a very special home brew dagger.
    Pommel is typical for German style small hunting or scouts knife.
    Grip is a poor kopie of a luft 2nd model one.
    Blade seems to be a luft 1st model, with a fantasy stamp
    Scabbard is a post war one for a Hirschfanger, most like a Hubertus one.

This is how ugly they can come

Ger

Typical making something out of nothing.
    I like the seem separation on the grip.

The " H " stands for Herman ( Goring )
    this dagger thing belonged to him will will fetch thousands of dollars at any auction house
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, I don't quite understand your last post. Are you saying, that although this dagger is most likely pieced together, the "h" can possibly belonged/associated with Herman Goring? or at least the blade?... please expand on your thoughts..thanks

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Larry, I don't quite understand your last post. Are you saying, that although this dagger is most likely pieced together, the "h" can possibly belonged/associated with Herman Goring? or at least the blade?... please expand on your thoughts..thanks
    It is NOT most likely.. it IS pieced together with reproduction items.. and Larry is being ironic about the dagger..!! The fantasy dagger is nothing from ww2 era.. simply put together to try and fool the unknowingly...

I think he meant that it is a made up piece, like many items that are said once belonging to some high ranking person, and it would fit if a made up history would come with it.

I believe it's generally known as sarcasm.

Regards, B.B.

?

Thanks! I thought as much! I guess I was pretty gullible. I assumed it was a made up piece... but the sarcasm threw me off.. I'm just trying to learn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast