Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??

Article about: Sadly I cant comment for the 100% mint blades. All mine have runner marks so I have the view that where the runners have touched the crossgraining has already gone and cannot be made worse.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??
    P
    Many

?

Great thread! Hey Matty, this was a great score! And the shape of the blade is minty reminds me of the soviet bayonets and rifles that were packed away for decades in cosmoline.

As for my personal method of storage....I keep my blades unsheathed . Only because I always end up showing them to my friends and don't want to mess up the blades with the runners...especially my very early HJ with a nice motto

Hi Dean, its not quite as mint as the picture looks to be honest but thankyou!

Maybe the key for us all is to layer our blades with thick black grease. As a bonus we could then tell our friends how our blades are 100% mint, even if there not they'd never notice under all that grease!

Dean, I have the same problem with the slider on a youth knife wearing the motto. I don't know about yours but mines one of the early ones with the single sliders which slide on the same side of the bloody motto. The other side with just the maker is dam mint... How ennoying!

Looks like im gonna have to join you on that "outie" to get round the problem.

matty

?

Wow, that's a sweety ,the blade looks very mint and the motto in in spectacular condition. Wish mine was that nice!

This is the HJ knife I leave unsheathed ..
    The single runner in the scabbard is still covered with a canvas-like cloth (pic#2),but when I acquired it, the cloth was halfway off and folded back. I carefully reattached it to the runner

I display this knife out of its scabbard, but it is never in direct sunlight. It sits on a shelf in my cave.

-Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??   help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??  

help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??   help! keep dagger in scabbard or out??  

Last edited by Dean; 10-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Hey Dean, thankyou for the comments. It has a mild bit of corrosion on the 'U' in Und from where the runners sat but otherwise nice.

I checked the slider cloth, its still in place but majorly worn half way down. I think this is where my runner marks are starting to come from. Its definitely an outtie staring from today!

Very nice to see your nice original youth knife along with the other Hitler youth gatherings you've collected.

?

Thanks Matty,
    I support your idea to leave it an outie, especially due to the fact your runner cloth is half of its former self also, your blade has a mirror finish! I can see your reflection in it, and I think I can even tell what kind of camera you're using!
    Dean.

Both you guys have 2 great daggers...@ matty..yours is well conditioned and would like to see the rest of it posted soon.....

@ dean.... Im Lovin It!!..August Knecht HJ producer.....very rare to see
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No worrys Larry, have a butchers at this!

Mattty

?

Mac 66,

Keeps his Dags & knifes in the scabbard with no problems at all kept at the right temp

Nice hjs guys

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast