Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hewers are manly.

Article about: What's not to love about enlisted hewers? I focus primarily on Heer and Luftwaffe items, but hewers are just so dang cool I've had to add a pair to my collection over the years. Every time I

TWS
    ?

Default Hewers are manly.

What's not to love about enlisted hewers? I focus primarily on Heer and Luftwaffe items, but hewers are just so dang cool I've had to add a pair to my collection over the years. Every time I draw one from its scabbard I get the urge to smite something. They just have a real manly heft to them that makes you want to cleave or hack away. I just don't feel the same way when I handle my Heer/Luftwaffe daggers.

I found myself in the war room earlier tonight, playing with my hewers so I thought I'd snap some quick shots. Hardly a well-executed photo study but I hope the forum can share my enjoyment. No one was cleaved, despite one of the cats venturing in without permission. He left will all limbs and his tail still attached. The RAD is by Krebs and the DRK by PDL if I'm not mistaken.
    Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.Hewers are manly.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hewers are manly.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

These are hefty pieces and look great. Two nice examples.

I think, at least for the RAD, they were for show and not work. The RAD wouldn't last to long chopping down trees
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice one ! Some prints from a thread Wim had posted a few years ago.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hewers are manly.   Hewers are manly.  

Hewers are manly.  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post

I think, at least for the RAD, they were for show and not work. The RAD wouldn't last to long chopping down trees
    I thought it was the other way around - that some RAD Arbeitsmänner used their hewers as tools while DRK was just for show, but I'm not a serious blades collector and that's just what I have casually noticed in discussions.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Got a RAD enlisted over my fire place! nice lot Todd.

Quote by MAP View Post

Have to say mine was used for work.