Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How can I care for and maintain my TR knife collection?

Article about: While I only have HJ daggers in my collection.. I was curious how to keep them from rusting and maintaining their current quality? I've read that applying a small amount of WD-40 or similar

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Ren Wax is used by most museums, so I would imagine it must be reliable protection.
    I have been told the same thing william .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How can I care for and maintain my TR knife collection?
    P
    Many

Hi Robert glad to hear you will be joining the "Partei" soon ....also take into consideration your environment..if it is prone to humidity...or high in moisture. An enclosed display case..whether large or a small latch lock type case large enough to hold one or 2 daggers..would help cut down some of the environmental effects. Gel packs in a smaller case helps...also..in larger display cabinets...an open ziploc bag of "uncooked" rice...placed in an out of site position under a helmet or behind something will also work great.......and most importantly for the longevity of your artifact...ALL of the above comments..of invaluable advice should be adhered to. When protecting these pieces of history...one needs to go all the way...its a marriage that you need to protect. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I always use renwax myself like the guys say it is used by museums and i myself have never had any problems with my blades developing any rust spots,
    cheers Ronnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2