Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger

Article about: Thank Adrian! Do you have a photo of the mark for 21-33 for future reference?

Default Re: Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger

Thank Adrian!

Do you have a photo of the mark for 21-33 for future reference?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger
    P
    Many

?

i think Eickhorn had more logo's than you can shake a stick at. i have seen this early style squirrel with and with out the oval. i think it is likely pre war made. the stamped logo looks ok to me, the knife it self looks fine too. these things were not RZM controled, and usually just private purchess.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger   Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger  

Given the craftmanship of this type of edged weapon IMO I can not seem to grasp the fact that Eickhorn would draw something on the blade that more represents "Peter Rabbit". If this is an early type that Eickhorn must of created ,, then I am sure there must be others with this type of logo. You are correct as Eickhorn had all kinds of logos,, probably one for every season and 2nd Sunday I have seen many Eickhorn Forestry blades,, but none with this logo. Take a close look at this logo,, this does not look to be engraved or etched or stamped. The steel is pushed outward like an open wound around the edges of the Bunny rabbit. The blade etch does not match the blackness of the logo,, and given this amount of time between then and now that blackening in the logo would of faded somewhat with all the cleaning and surface scratches present. This is a good thread and your comment Andrew is very notable Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, I don't want to be disagreeable, but in my opinion the logo is deeply stamped. The stamp has displaced the metal, pushing it outward. It is a mark I have not seen. That type of squirrel is usually surrounded by an oval. Though almost impossible to judge from the poor photos, I think the double squirrel mark would be what I would expect to see on this piece.
    However, I think better photos are a must for any meaningful evaluation.
    Wolfgang

Absolutely Wolfgang as we are still waiting for more photos,,, but if it is true what you say then there must be another example existing somewhere if this is an early version. I seen all types of the logos except this one on these types of knives. Interesting but hopefully " Instigator" will provide more photos. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Like the discussion guys. Again, it doesn't belong to me but I will try to get the knife this weekend and take some better photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2