Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger

Article about: Thank Adrian! Do you have a photo of the mark for 21-33 for future reference?

Default Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger

Hunting or Forestry HirschfangerMy friend has come into possession of this blade by way of a late uncle. Apparently he "removed" it from a deceased German soldier during the last war.

My initial research seems to point to either a hunting or forestry type dagger by Eickhorn. Is there any way to tell how old it is by the Eickhorn logo? Sorry for the limited photos.Hunting or Forestry HirschfangerHunting or Forestry HirschfangerHunting or Forestry HirschfangerHunting or Forestry Hirschfanger
    Last edited by instigator008; 09-26-2012 at 03:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger

The Carl Eickhorn Logo shows long ears that is later made, The quility of the logo is very poor that is all I can say. Wish you luck.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Welcome to the forum,,,from the photos it looks to be a forestry,, but the logo itself is crude and very recent. This is not a typical Eickhorn logo seen on Hirschfangers nor Forestry. Hard to tell in the photos if this is Authentic Forestry. Better photos would be helpful to the other collectors looking at this. We see sometimes perfectly good edged weapons destroyed by an enhanced upgrade which takes away its value. Then other times we also see a decent repro that is trying to be passed off as original. Looking forward to more detailed photos. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I just asked the same questions to you Larry, ive never seen an Eickhorn without the sword and it appears as if this logo has been pin punched into the metal which is something that the factory would'nt pass in QC

Thanks gents. I will attempt to get some better pics asap. I too was surprised at the crude logo.

The blade etching is very fine, as is the stag handle. The guard and pommel appear to be a brass or similar alloy. I notice that the pommel end may have been broken off or ground down. It is complete with a scabbard without the common acorn design hanger.

Hunting or Forestry HirschfangerHunting or Forestry Hirschfanger
    Quote by davejb View Post
    I just asked the same questions to you Larry, ive never seen an Eickhorn without the sword and it appears as if this logo has been pin punched into the metal which is something that the factory would'nt pass in QC
    Sure they had without Dave.

Eric

?

Thanks Eric, is this an early logo or post war

Hi Dave from what I have learned this logo was made with and without the sword, and with sword is done later but went again without. The long Ears on it I thought indicitive of a later style. But still the thread starter looks very crude.
    I look forward to more opinions on this maker.
    Eric

Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger

top left: is 1933-34
    top right: is 1934-35
    middle: 1935-41
    bottom: is 41- post

I think this is a fake logo IMHO. It could be pre-33 or maybe much later than 41; not sure.

Good luck
    C.S

- - Updated - -

P.S. Never could imagine Eickhorn markig his knife with such a crude marking IMHO

Eickhorn used two other marks. A double back to back squirrel from 1906 to 1921. A single squirrel trademark was registered 20 January 1921 and was used until 1933.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hunting or Forestry Hirschfanger 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast