Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I have a dagger collection that I want to sell

Article about: Hi, I have come to a place in life where can no longer keep my dagger collection. It is a quite large collection consisting of about 40 daggers. Most very nice condition. I have it all packa

?

Default I have a dagger collection that I want to sell

Hi, I have come to a place in life where can no longer keep my dagger collection. It is a quite large collection consisting of about 40 daggers. Most very nice condition.
    I have it all packaged down in a crate bu from memory tho collection consists of:

4 kriegsmarine
    5 luftwaffe type 1
    2 luftwaffe type 2
    4 heer
    4 SS
    3 SA
    4 DRK subordinate
    1 DRK officer
    2 RAD subordinate
    1 RAD officer
    2 RLB subordinate
    1 RLB officer
    2 Glider pilot daggers
    3 Hitler Jugend

How do I best sell this collection?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I have a dagger collection that I want to sell
    P
    Many

By not coming on here and asking that question.

Honestly, if you have been collecting for a while and have amassed such an impressive collection you surely must have some ideas of your own.

I know it's a Saturday morning, the sun is out and I should be cheerful but it's tiring when people won't do any research for themselves. I learned quickly that the best way to get help is to help yourself.

Rant over

?

Ummm... Gee... Mmmmmm "Classifieds " ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Hi Ella,

Please post each dagger you have on the correct sub forum for inspection, maybe some of the collectors on here would be interested in buying your daggers, post nice clear photos, also we have a for sale section on WRF if you would like choose to use that option for selling.

Regards Mac 66

Are you looking to sell it as a Collection or separately?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Ella as Mac said..please post them separately in a thread of their own... the "Very Nice condition" at this present moment holds no value at all , sorry to say.

Type , Condition , Desirability = Market Value

Im sure by now any dealer reading your post will have or will be contacting you to alleviate that burden of photographing each dagger 5 or 6 times per dagger as details matter most and then posting all 40 of them.

Sorry to be blunt Ella but the forum and the members would benefit if they were photographed and posted here.

I have this awful gut feeling this become another short and empty thread.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Cordial and great advice by Mac and Larry.

I'm sure it must be difficult to sell what must have taken years to collect.

To further what was said, there are basically three options.

1) reach out to a dealer for a bulk sale. This will be the quickest but will yield the lowest amount of profit. Probably very low as they will seek the lowest price so they can flip it
    2) sell each item individually. This is time consuming and potentially leave some items unsold. Further as said above, you will need to take many high quality photos and post each item for evaluation before hand to ensure the items are vetted so you can point to the thread
    3) auction sale: this is easy but is a role of the dice as if there are few bidders or interest the items might go for low prices. Then again there might be much interest. I'm sure people can provide the names of good auction houses

As said above, I'm sure people will already be reaching out to you (heck.i might be interested) but best to hold off until you decide which way to go....you will need to decide what is best for you. Patience will yield the best results.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Send me pictures of your RLB officer with a price. Info@tothehiltmilitaria.com
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thank you for the advises! Can anyone recommend a good on-line auction site? My local site will not allow selling these kinds of objects as they classifies them as "disturbing" ☹️

?

If you sell individually to collectors you will do better than a bulk sell to dealers. It will take more time but it depends on how quick you want to sell.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast