Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade

Article about: Here´s an Infanteriemesser 42 showing the, (so called), Bowie -blade. The knife´s in a bad condition, but I like it !

Default "Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade

"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade
    Here´s an Infanteriemesser 42 showing the, (so called), "Bowie"-blade.

The knife´s in a bad condition, but I like it !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade

The wood is a little dry, but I like it too !

Always a pleasure to see nice knives from your collection...................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Reibert, looks a nice been there knife

?

Hi Reibert, this is the first bowie blade example I think Ive ever seen...I like it!
    Cheers, Edwin

"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade
    Quote by ehawk View Post
    Hi Reibert, this is the first bowie blade example I think Ive ever seen...

Hi, Edwin !

Here´s another one, a heavy used Eickhorn:

"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade"Infanteriemesser 42" showin´ the "Bowie"-blade
    ... and, last, but, not least, a, (relic), Kampfmesser of the Wehrmacht, (this is not an IM 42 !), showing this kind of blade also:

Reibert,

Thank you for the links you posted to my topic showing these, among others! The profiles of your 3 are VERY much like mine - do you think ANY of them were manufactured this way, or ar they all from repointing? If not for the scabbard, I'd almost think your top example was made by the same manufacturer as mine; my top "false edge" definitely looks like it's been added and NOT made this way. I jokingly assumed mine was done by its G.I. "liberator", unless the original Soldat owner was a fan of Karl May, like his Fuhrer. Since you're in Austria, I assume none of your examples were "liberated" by American G.I.'s, so I wonder if this kind of blade is at all common in Europe as it is in the U.S.? My photos are poor, but here's one repeated so you can compare them "side-by-side", so to speak:

Quote by James N View Post
    ... The profiles of your 3 are VERY much like mine - do you think ANY of them were manufactured this way, ...
    Yes !