Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and Documents

Article about: Had the great opportunity to buy a few items of the legacy of Johannes Loh. This will be differents posts, because it has items that have to be posted on different Forums like, Dagger, SS it

?

Default Kampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and Documents

Had the great opportunity to buy a few items of the legacy of Johannes Loh.
    This will be differents posts, because it has items that have to be posted on different Forums like, Dagger, SS items, Uniforms, pictures etc.
    So the pictures will be posted more then once

HISTORY:
    This man listed as a SA man at the SA Fuhrerschule, then turned to the " Algemeine SS" and after that became a Luftwaffe Officer.
    He served as an observer on a long range reconnaissance Group.
    I have bought this "Kampfmesser" placed in a vertical SS hanger, with his drivers licence and the picture where he laughs wearing a Luftwaffe officers Jacket.
    This dagger has a clip to put it on a belt or in a boot, but the owner preferred the vertical hanger, maybe hidden on his body?
    These type of knives was widely used in the trenchwar of 1914-18, referred as Bootknife or trenchdaggers.
    Unfortunate the entire legacy of Hans Loh was sold separately.
    His awards, his award papers, his Photoalbum ( sold a piece) his Soldbooks etc....If it would have been possible i certainly would bought the entire group!
    Enjoy this great Knife which has lots of cross grain with its early SS hanger.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Kampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and Documents
    Last edited by gerrit; 10-15-2015 at 07:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and Documents
    P
    Many

?

What a beauty. A fine knife indeed.
    Too bad, you were unable to obtain the entire grouping, but at least you got what looks to be a quality knife and other material.
    The knife has shades of a fine German hunting knife more so than a crude fighting knife, but often the hunting knife and fighting knife were one and the same.

Wow,that's very cool knife with nice hanger.
    It must be private purchase knife.
    Congrats

Very very very nice piece, congrats, and thanks for the great pictures!

Ger what can I say !!!!! you jammy sod you still keep getting the top gear
    thanks for showing,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Just won the last auction with belongings from Johannes Loh.
    Im thrilled to say that i won his Luftwaffe Beobachter urkunde
    Ger
    Kampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and Documents

?

A beautiful decorative piece Ger , with crossgrain to die for , all topped off with super with named history These are the keepers !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Congrats Gerrit..Well done!...and also a win for our forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice stag handle on this knife - best I've seen.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

there were more items that went up for auction, unfortunate before i bought the knife, so i missed those.
    But i think i would add to the post
    The LW uniform clearly shows the Beobachters Abzeichen ( Observers badge) the other below is his NSFK-Segelflugzeugführerabzeichen which came with his licence and was sold seperatly.
    ( the gliders badge is not the one of Hans, but just to show you it how it looks like)
    Ger
    Kampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and DocumentsKampfmesser with SS Steilgehange and Documents

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast