MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

KS98 Style Trench Knife

Article about: Hi, I used to collect German Trench and fighting knives but changed direction a few years back. I did however retain a few that I liked for verious reasons and am showing some of them as a m

Default KS98 Style Trench Knife

Hi, I used to collect German Trench and fighting knives but changed direction a few years back. I did however retain a few that I liked for verious reasons and am showing some of them as a matter of interest. This first example is in the style of the KS98 Imperial bayonet. At first glance, it looks like a cut down KS98 but the button on the eagle type pommel is purely non functional and for aesthetics only. There is no rifle slot and no arsenal, unit or manufacturer's marks or logos. The cross hatched wooden grip slabs have either bourne a grip insignia or, and more likely, have had a third rivet which has been removed and the resultant holes fillled and re hatched?

Any comments or opinions are very welcome.

Cheers Michael Ryan

KS98 Style Trench Knife

KS98 Style Trench Knife

KS98 Style Trench Knife

KS98 Style Trench Knife

KS98 Style Trench Knife

KS98 Style Trench Knife

KS98 Style Trench Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS98 Style Trench Knife
    P
    Many

KS98 Style Trench KnifeKS98 Style Trench KnifeKS98 Style Trench KnifeKS98 Style Trench Knife

Hi !

I do not think, there was a "3rd" rivet.
    The blade´s obviously shortened and I think, the grip plates are damaged, (maybe due to using a clamp ?).

For comparison two Armeedolche, manufactured by Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co., Solingen, (WKC).

Hi Reibert, Thank you for your response, comments and photos. I take on board what you say and agree, you may well be correct. However I am not convinced about the damage as I have a knife with three rivets of similar style to those shown. When I find it I will post it for comparison.
    Thank you once again and best wishes Michael R

Yes, Michael, I know, there´re Armeedolche KS98 pattern showing three rivets also.
    But, it does´nt make sense to remove one.

Please, post images of the knife you mentioned because I´m always interested to see such pattern blank weapons.

Best regards,
    R.

Hi R, Yes I agree, it does not make sense? Or was it removed to bring the hilt into line with TR pattern KS98's?? We will probably never know. I will show some of my other trench knives when I find them. We have just moved house and most of my collection is in boxes in the garage!!

Cheers MR