Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

letter opener or salesman sample

Article about: I agree with gerrit. I have seen plenty of items pre WW1 and between the wars with either 'Germany' or 'Made in Germany'. If it was post WW2 would it not have been stamped W.Germany? Mark.

mpw
    ?

I agree with gerrit. I have seen plenty of items pre WW1 and between the wars with either 'Germany' or 'Made in Germany'. If it was post WW2 would it not have been stamped W.Germany?

Mark.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement letter opener or salesman sample
    P
    Many

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Apparently if it's not a
    ground Rohm or a chained SS or you are not part of
    the club, it's not worth commenting on.
    Neither of them are rare, so let them think they have the holy grail if that makes them feel better.

I can never get my head around salesman examples. Letter openers as a novelty yes and mini's with advertisements on the blades yes.
    If you were trying to sell a dagger would you mess about with usually lower quality 'salesmans' versions? Is an army dagger, a Luftwaffe dagger or any of the others really that cumbersome that you cannot just carry one with you?

If anything they were a gift to possible customers but no way were they used as examples to sell the bigger versions imo.

But nice letter opener looks like a little lion head type sword to me.

Best matty

I have seen many stampings both with W. Germany and Germany post war. Once the Berlin wall went up the separation of W.German stamped goods were distributed throughout the world. The lone word Germany seen below is from a recent HJ Knife repro. This does not necessarily mean this was produced pre war..as the HJ knife was produced in the early 30s. My focus right now is the producer Daniel Perez itself..and their role in the production of swords if any.

below is a post war HJ knife..with "Germany" stamped on the ricasso
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture letter opener or salesman sample  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

#Matty,
    " But nice letter opener looks like a little lion head type sword to me."

There are highly detailed ones, with grips made of Ivory, scabbard springs, and some can be opened just like the Original.
    clear to see its an Imperial Marine saber looking at its scabbard, compare it to my Imp.Saber.

They differ a lot from the letter opener types, who are crudly made an are no detailed.
    I think the Marine saber is much more detailed then the sword on the right side.

Cheers,
    Ger
    letter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sample

?

Larry i think the key word is quality, looking at a pre WW1 mini is looking at high grade skills, nothing compared to the post WW2 imitations, those are mostly crudely made and lots of them are 1 piece casts.

I will dig into this one, and hopefully find out some answers.

Ger

I agree with Gerrit.
    Some of these are too detailed to be simply souvenirs. (Lovely KM Saber Ger!)
    Here is my example of an Imperial Artillary Officer's Lion's Head sword. It is about 8 inches long and has a lot of detail on the back strap as well as the lion head. It still retains the red felt buffer pad as well as the original portepee.
    Ralph.
    letter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sampleletter opener or salesman sample
    And along with it's full sized counterpart.
    letter opener or salesman sample
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Lovely Mini Lions sword you got there Ralph!

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Lovely Mini Lions sword you got there Ralph!
    Thanks Ger!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you gentleman for all this discussion.

These are way out of my collecting norm. I just
    happened upon the KM sword and the Army saber
    was an ebay purchase.

From the sounds of it, the Army saber is a tourist
    souvenir. Probably used as a letter opener. After
    digging through old threads, I found a couple that
    were etched with city names on them. So I am guessing
    post ww2 tourist items.

The KM sword is another matter. I have not found
    any others like it. I have some doubts about it
    being a salesman sample because while the quality
    is much better than the Army saber, it's not what
    I would expect a salesman would use a true representation
    of his wares. But it might be something given out as
    advertising.

I welcome any more thoughts you might have on these
    items.

Here is an example I found of the tourist sword.
    This one happens to be chrome plated while the other
    I saw was gilt with remnants of black paint on the grip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture letter opener or salesman sample   letter opener or salesman sample  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Ralph and Gerrit
    Great swords both large and small. thanks for
    posting them.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast