Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Long Police Bayonet.

Article about: I have a bayonet very similar to this one except it dos not have the clam shell on the blade it says F.W. Holler Copllingen above that on the decorative piece it has the internals S.D.I. 295

I don't really study these but in my opinion, definately original.
    Please have patience, there are members that will be able to tell you what the markings represent. They are just not on line all of the time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Long Police Bayonet.
    P
    Many

I can give you half the story on the markings.

These are marking for the Police station the item was issued to.

Others will tell you more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I like it. Weimar era Prussian sidearm modified and reissued during the Third Reich. The markings are S (Schutzpolizei) D (Duesseldorf district) I (1st Centuria) 295 (weapon number).

Hope that helps,
    Jim

Well Jim pretty much nailed this one, all I can add is if it still had the clamshell it would be worth triple the clams!!!

Lester,

The bayonet you show is indeed a Polizei bayonet & it appears in very nice condition. The maker mark, FW Höller, is not seen very often on Polizei bayonets. Most often, we see marks by Eickhorn, PD Lüneschloss, Alcoso, Weyersberg & Hörster.

The marking on the bayonet's crossguard is read as follows:

S for Schutzpolizei
    D for Düsseldorf
    I for Administrative District 1
    Weapon #795

The hilt appears to be an Alcoso product (notice the dots around the eye) but it was not unheard of for Alcoso to sell hilts to other, smaller producers. Clemen & Jung was such a manufacturer that purchased some of their hilts from Alcoso. Höller was not a small manufacturer by any means but this bayonet looks to be original & the rivets appear period & unbuggered. I believe it's just fine.

I'd be interested to know if the top scabbard fitting is also identically marked like the crossguard. It would be behind where the leather frog is covering. If you check, do so gingerly as you don't want to snap the frog. Nice bayonet, thanks for showing it.

Thanks for all the information of the bayonet, any ides as to the value ? I was thinking about selling it on ebay.

Sorry, we are not a free appraisal service.
    Now that you know what you have, you should be able to google Militaria Dealers and find out what they are asking for similar items. This should give you an idea as to it's value.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for all the help you so freely given.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry, we are not a free appraisal service.
    Now that you know what you have, you should be able to google Militaria Dealers and find out what they are asking for similar items. This should give you an idea as to it's value.
    Ralph.
    Well Lester, please look at Billy's question:
    I'd be interested to know if the top scabbard fitting is also identically marked like the crossguard. It would be behind where the leather frog is covering. If you check, do so gingerly as you don't want to snap the frog. Nice bayonet, thanks for showing it.

If they are identical it would be of greater value, btw collector to collector prices are 35% less then the big dealers commonly..

Ger

Post Matching Number

The first time I tried to look I didn't see anything and was afraid to damage the leather, this time I was able to see the matching number, thank you for asking again, it was a nice surprise and hopefully it will help with the auction price when I list.
    Lester

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast