Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for a portapee reference book

Article about: Hello folks! I have posted here several times about identifying portapees. i was wondering if there was a reference book i could buy that would help me identify various portapees and other i

Default Looking for a portapee reference book

Hello folks! I have posted here several times about identifying portapees. i was wondering if there was a reference book i could buy that would help me identify various portapees and other items of German uniforms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for a portapee reference book
    P
    Many

?

George Wheelers book History of the German Bayonet 1919-1945 is a very good reference and has a chapter on knots and portapees. The Brain Davis books German Army Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945 has some useful info. Not as good as the Wheeler book but I have seen it on eBay at cheap prices.

You may want to try John Angolias book on JR Medas Website

Swords of Germany 19001945 by Angolia - R113
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

George Wheeler's book "Seitengewehr" is an excellent reference, including some decent info on bayonet portepees.