Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lssah bayonet

Article about: There is some light crosshatching on the base of the blade. Sloppy milling and aggressive use of sanding with wire wheel/ or mesh. Any true parade blade would be refined and classy if not mi

Default Lssah bayonet

A recent aquisition which originated through the family of a deceased British WW11 soldier, well that's the story anyway.

I'm really excited to own this LSSAH bayonet, it is just a visceral thrill knowing the SS Mann would have actually carried this bayonet in battle.

Any information about the markings above the blade serial no which look a little like a pair of stylised L's would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lssah bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lssah bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Lssah bayonet

Lssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonetLssah bayonet

Default Re: Lssah bayonet

Many of them have been posted before on thise same forum! Have a little research!
    I am afraid the engraving is a post war job.
    best regards
    |
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Even if post-war acid etched - ie: fake - these types of engravings were intended
    for commemoratives, and would not have been used in battle. If it looks like
    a combat used bayonet, then for sure it's an embellished piece.

- The L's are actually F's.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Commemorative bayonets when seen are almost always on a Dress bayonet-not a Combat bayonet. From the crude brushing/cleaning/polishing on this one, I would definitely pass. It looks to have been done badly on a wire wheel. The etching is not at all sharp and crisp as one would expect-even on a dress bayonet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This scabbard is a mis-match to the bayonet shown..
    Regards,

Steve.

In a word....Bad.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Someone destroyed a good K98 combat bayonet, with etching and grinding.
    K98 bayonet combat, has never been etched.

Regards
    Vedran

It would be of benefit I think to also picture the date/maker's code which are going to be on the blade. But I'm afraid that I am going to have to agree with those who say that this is a postwar fantasy piece made for the collectors market. With the unit title on the blade not earlier than late 1943, with some of them for units that existed only on paper never having gone beyond the planning stage. With the bayonets like this one Wehrmacht property, with the SS itself being supplied from German Army sources. And in its original configuration was used as such by German combat forces if that is any consolation. FP

With the possible seam on the side, it looks to me like it might be one of the late welded scabbards, with the other side having the maker and date. And with the aluminum(?) rivet holding in the mouthpiece possibly of postwar Czech origin. FP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast