Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast

Maker Logo trivia

Article about: I'll settle for partial credit, Larry. I was so certain that was the answer that I'm to disappointed to try again. I think I'll need a visit from Sympathy the barmaid. Luke

Default Re: Maker Logo trivia

I will take a stab and say Solinger Axt und Hauerfabrik GmbH, Solingen-Ohligs??
    I have seen two royals back to back on some pocket knives and such but do not recall the maker?

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images Maker Logo trivia 
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-11-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maker Logo trivia
    P
    Many

?

I'll have to give it to you, although the makers mark is a crown with one head but two faces, one scowling the other smiling, the maker is Solingen AXT-U-HAUERFABRIK, but does'nt show ohlig, give that man a coconut and a litre of Carlsberg

How about a Rum & Coke instead please.
    But what is ohlig?
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Some information on Ohligs from Wikipedia:...... In 1929 Ohligs, located in the Prussian Rhine Province, 17 miles (27 km) by rail north of Cologne became part of Solingen. Its chief manufactures were cutlery and hardware, and there were iron-foundries and flour mills. Other industries are brewing, dyeing, weaving and brick-making. Before 1891 it was known as Merscheid.

In World War II the Old Town was completely destroyed by an air raid in 1944 and 1,040 people died. As such, there are few pre-war sights in the centre.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would like to do a study in the Ohlig makers in the near future in the SA forum..but for now another clue.... This one is a little more difficult.

Next Clue:....... To forge a piece of steel into a sword,,the Blacksmith needs a hammer to use.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Is it AUG MALSCHER FR SOHN STEINBACH KRM

Hi Dave,, you have half or ( 1 out of the 2 ) You got the hammer part

?

A m ?

Im sorry My bad,, I didnt explain well enough ...It is not August Malscher. Another clue in the morning,, its late

To make ( 2 of 2) a sword is also needed! Together these 2 items look to be a family Crest.

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast