Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked

Article about: Hello All, Wanted to share pictures of a knife I was given at a local Gun Show this last weekend. This Mercator Knife was given by a good acquaintance who had a table there selling knives fr

Default Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked

Hello All,

Wanted to share pictures of a knife I was given at a local Gun Show this last weekend.

This Mercator Knife was given by a good acquaintance who had a table there selling knives from his collection. We got to talking about Mercator Knives (I carry one as a regular pocket knife) he gave me this beautiful example. It was a pleasant surprise

I have been trying to find out it's approximate worth. Can any of you gents help?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked   Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked  

Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked   Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked  

Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked   Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

These are great knives. I have a Mercator "Cat" K55 which is the same as this. Mine is 50's era. The DRGM puts it in the WW2 era. These were all private and not military issue. But I'm sure lots of soldiers had one in their pack.

Not sure the value of ww2 examples. But as you already own one, I'm sure you know the post war examples don't get much more than $25 or so. Still as a non-military knife, not sure how much of a premium would be added just because of the D.R.G.M. markings.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hmm..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mercator Knife D.R.G.M. Marked  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you MAP,

I appreciate it. I rely on my Cat knife everyday with my work. I was really excited to have a WW2 example for my collection

Don S

MAP
    ?

Quote by Donald F Smith View Post
    Thank you MAP,

I appreciate it. I rely on my Cat knife everyday with my work. I was really excited to have a WW2 example for my collection

Don S
    WW2 "era". Remember, it is not military, but commercial. I'm sure at one time it was black. As far as I am aware they all were black but can't be 100% sure.

This is mine. Found in my late fathers sock draw many years ago....

Well used and abused but still has a nice edge. Just a little wiggle to the blade.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a neat looking Cat knife .

I was told by my friend who gave me the D.R.G.M. marked knife that it had been painted black with a good amount of the paint missing. He said he cleaned it off (remnants of the paint can be seen by the lanyard bale). I do know this is a non military knife. It will be nice to have in a display of items commonly found in a soldiers pockets .

Cheers,

Don S

MAP
    ?

Yes. I'm sure that many many soldiers had these in their kit.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hmm..
    Didn't realize it went that far back and into the 50's as well.

Thanks G

When researching mine many years back I did find a website showing lots of examples and the approx. era they were from...couldn't find it now

A Link to Mercator to Gebruder Berns

Ss knife
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Caution is the word here Gents!
    These knives with the D.R.G.M. markings are heavily faked, so first you have to determen if yours is an Original or a repro, i tend towards the last....

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast