Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mint Government Official-Gold

Article about: From Angolia's book In the Service of the Reich I quote An official decree dated 15 May 1939 introduced wear of the gold-plated dagger for diplomatic and government officials for those offic

Default Mint Government Official-Gold- RMBO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GO Dagger 2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	683112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GO Dagger 1.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	683113
    Thought I would show this little beauty----

Last edited by wiki; 05-06-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    looking for Mint Early form 2,3 Political visors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Another SHAWANNNNG!!!!
    I agree 1000% that is a Beauty!!!!
    So who had the honor of wearing the gold version?

Semper Fi

Good question! Gold GO's were Eastern Peoples- But --I have a feeling that High Ranking Government Officials may have worn Gold---

One of my favorite style daggers. The daggers are so good looking and here is a gold government officials buckle. I think it has one of the ugliest eagles of the era.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4057105385.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	684484  

Thanks for showing this dagger Wiki

I think it has no reply's because almost no one has any experience with these high end 20K+daggers, so saying it is gorgeous and then seeing it burned because its a replica isnt something to look for.
    Thats why they are cautious.
    I dont have any knownledge of these daggers, so i cant say anything about its originality,but at first and second glare, i can only admit that its a gorgeous looker
    Thx for showing!

I have to say it has some characteristics in detail....that matches a Standard Govt. Official..but also I echo Gerrits thoughts. The hangers I know you must of added on to the condition of both are unmatching. Regardless still a nice looking dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Gerrit and Larry- Thanks for the comments. Yes ,I was surprised that this "High End " dagger got such little traffic. I picked up this dagger from the same prominent dealer that I bought the Feldherrnhlle dagger from. This dragger is 100% right and yes the hangers were probably added. I bought the set together. I saw a similar dagger at the SOS without hangers for 30K -So you are right about the crazy dollar amount. I had to have it to go with my Political collection!

Now THAT is Very nice Wiki.
    What a great example of a RMBO. Talk about a hard dagger to find. well, you can find them but not in that condition. Congrats!

Here is one on a dagger book cover by T. Johnson.

Thanks Serge, I've only seen one in similar condition- It was the one at the SOS being sold by a well known dealer. I am going to have to dig out my Johnson book and compare.

Stunning dagger. I have not much experience with daggers, but it looks very interesting!!!
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast