Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My DRK Hewer

Article about: I'll jump in and post mine. I'm not really a blade collecter per se. Mostly I've bought them to complement my uniform collection, but DRK hewers are so cool I randomly picked this one up in

TWS
    ?

Default My DRK Hewer

I'll jump in and post mine. I'm not really a blade collecter per se. Mostly I've bought them to complement my uniform collection, but DRK hewers are so cool I randomly picked this one up in 1989.

My DRK HewerMy DRK HewerMy DRK HewerMy DRK Hewer
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My DRK Hewer
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice example Todd. Great condition

Always nice to look at these
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice Todd!
    There is some info in this thread that may help you to determine the maker of yours.
    DRK Hewer, new to my collection.
    And this one as well.
    My DRK Mans Hewer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Very nice Todd!
    There is some info in this thread that may help you to determine the maker of yours.
    DRK Hewer, new to my collection.
    And this one as well.
    My DRK Mans Hewer.
    Ralph.
    Those threads are why I posted my hewer. In one of them it seemed Larry was asking other members to post theirs. I've always understood mine to be a Klaas, but I'm not an in-depth blades guy.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very nice looking hewer Todd,

I will post mine as well..

Based on what research I have done, your scabbard tip is lacking screws which if they were present would make it a Klass scabbard, (among other descriptions and details). But since yours does not appear to have the 2 screws this may be a PDL (P.D. Luneschloss) which used a slip on cap for the tip of the scabbard.

Your hewer looks exactly like mine, now of course I will not remove the grip screws to determine maker so I am going to say that my example is also a PDL, based on the lack of screws on the scabbard. Could a Klass hewer have been paired up with a PDL scabbard? possible.. Not ruling that theory out...and again I cringe at trying to remove the grip handles to find out...

The only other marking is the Ges. Gesch. patent mark that is on the front side of the blade (with the Eagle shield facing front) on my example. Did Klass have the Ges. Gesch stamp on the backside of the blade and PDL assemble their hewers with the stamp on the front? Was my hewer taken apart at onetime and put together backwards? Don't know.. All questions I would like to find more information about too...

I will post mine shortly..

Smitty

Smitty,
    This thread also shows the difference between these two makers with a comparison of the guard.
    My DRK Mans Hewer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Thanks Smitty. If mine conforms to PDL features, then that's what it probably is. It has only Ges. Geschützt stamped on the blade reverse. The grip screws appear completely unmessed with, so I'm not touching them.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."