Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My DRK Mans Hewer.

Article about: Hi, My DRK Mans Hewer for your review/comments please. Thanks, Andy.

Default My DRK Mans Hewer.

Hi, My DRK Mans Hewer for your review/comments please. Thanks, Andy.
    My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.My DRK Mans Hewer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My DRK Mans Hewer.
    P
    Many

?

Nice unmesssed with DRK Hewer

Looks fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice Klaas made hewer.

TWS
    ?

Very nice example. I'm not a "blades guy". I just have a few daggers and swords for uniform display, but the DRK hewers are so cool that I picked one up many years ago and still have it.

?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    Nice Klaas made hewer.
    +1

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    +1

Ger
    +2

Hi, Thanks for all your replies I didn't know it was made by Klaas how can you tell is it something to do with screws on the bottom scabbard fitting or the DRK eagle design? would like to know and also who else made these? Is the K stamped into the frog anything to do with Klaas? I absolutely love the design, weight and feel of these DRK Hewers and managed to pick this one up for about 2/3rds of what most dealers in the UK are asking for one in this condition complete with the frog so very pleased with it. One day I will save enough for the officer type.
    Regards, Andy.

Quote by Grofaz45 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for all your replies I didn't know it was made by Klaas how can you tell is it something to do with screws on the bottom scabbard fitting or the DRK eagle design? would like to know and also who else made these? Regards, Andy.
    Hello Andy,
    Yes, the lower scabbard fitting screws indicate Klaas.
    You can read post #11 in this thread.
    DRK Hewer, new to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Grofaz45 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for all your replies I didn't know it was made by Klaas how can you tell is it something to do with screws on the bottom scabbard fitting or the DRK eagle design? would like to know and also who else made these? Is the K stamped into the frog anything to do with Klaas? I absolutely love the design, weight and feel of these DRK Hewers and managed to pick this one up for about 2/3rds of what most dealers in the UK are asking for one in this condition complete with the frog so very pleased with it. One day I will save enough for the officer type.
    Regards, Andy.
    You can tell from the eagle design a Klaas from a PDL. The edge of the disk is rounded and thicker than a PDL, the cross is bigger, swastika is thinner and the feet are far more pronounced on a PDL. On a Klaas the feet look like yours kind of a blob where talons are but with PDL you can make out the legs, the claws and the toes. There are other differences but these are the quick ones. When it comes to officers it is the same thing, the disk and eagle are the same on both officers Klaas and the hewer same with the PDL. The scabbards from a leader both Red Cross and Social Services are different between a Klaas and a PDL. I hope you don't mind but I downloaded your picture and put it as a side by side of my PDL eagle so you can see the difference. It is very easy to tell the difference between the two when you get to know them and you can spot the ones in the wrong scabbard easy. There is a 3rd one that is a Klaas that has a funny head but a lot of characteristics of the PDL. I have it here on the site if you feel like looking at it. Anyways once again nice blade and thanks for showing.

My DRK Mans Hewer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast