Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new finds today

Article about: OK everyone I think I have really run across a good deal I bought a K98 bayonet marked-Waffenfabrik Mauser A.G. OBER (three dots to form a pyramid)DCF.F a.n. on the handle is the number 364

Default My new finds today

OK everyone I think I have really run across a good deal I bought a K98 bayonet marked-Waffenfabrik Mauser A.G. OBER (three dots to form a pyramid)DCF.F a.n. on the handle is the number 364 on the top of the blade is a small crown W17 followed by another small crown.Excellent shape wood handle and scabbard lots of rust no markings but in good shape.Also bought a poor little HJ Knife post 1938 has a makers mark of Othello Solingen and a profile of a bearded man with ear ring (hence The Moor) the other side is marked with G C co 420 and it has no diamond it was pried out by some idiot.other that the missing diamond the knife and scabbed are in great shape the leather strap is showing some age but all in all nice looking knife.

I have not been able to find the maker mark of Othello in any of my books and I did not find Waffenfabrik Mauser either.I don"t think they are fake but if they are what I paid for them does not matter,I either got a good deal or the deal of the century.

Next question is it possible to have the HJ repaired? I would be willing to mail to you and pay for diamond and repair costs and shipping. Any takers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new finds today
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My new finds today

hi,i know it can be done for sure i will send you a pm of a guy that can help you out.!

?

Sorry to say but Othello is a post war maker of repro hj knifes.

?

Well,in that case its not worth fixing! Thanks for saying something as you saved him money....

?

hello operaman, no one mentioned anything about the bayonet yet. But in case u didnt know it is a ww1 German bayo. Most of the time they will have production service numbers on the crossgaurd. There are all sorts of different models of these since other countries used them too like the Swiss (says neuhausen on hilt), hungarians, czechs, etc. But since yours says Mauser, we know it was most likely German issued, and def German made. the W17 is the year as Im sure u knew. A very decent example of the German ones sell for around $30-50 with scabbard. BTW the scabbards dont have markings or at least Ive never seen one that has

Thanks for the information,I found out later that the W17 was the date of manufacture.Don't you think that there is a big similarity to the K98?

operaman

The maker of the bayonet is Waffenfabrik Mauser Oberndorf am Neckar.

W17 is indeed the date of manufacture - the "W" represents Wilhelm (the Kaiser).

The other markings (small crown over a letter) are inspection/acceptance stamps.

Regards

Richie