Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nazi Party sheath knife by boker

Article about: Hi Guys and girls, excuse the long absence on the forum - downside of seasonal work im afraid. Anyway, cast your eyes over this, I don't think weve had one on the forum before! Honest views

?

It is the correct tree for the time period, this dagger was discussed on the HJ-Research forum, not a favourable outcome though. Still looks like a nice period sheaf knife to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi Party sheath knife by boker
    P
    Many

Im looking at the 1947-74 logo..the tree looks to be more of a ball than the 1924 variant...plus there is a gap in the lower left side of the 1947 logo compared to the TR logo used. This knife is post war Boker knife according to the dated logo examples given above
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Party sheath knife by boker  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

What a very interesting roller coaster of a thread we have here, I saw the title and said what? Then I saw the photo and said no way, then I read the post and said wow maybe....then I read some more and went ahhhhhhh maybe not lol. Still a very intersting piece but the word post war is comparable to kissing your sister. My first thoughts were fantasy piece with a story just from seeing so many fantasy pieces and this one rings that bell, either that or its so rare that the top dagger experts never documented it, but for me the saying goes if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, chances are its a duck,

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Im looking at the 1947-74 logo..the tree looks to be more of a ball than the 1924 variant...plus there is a gap in the lower left side of the 1947 logo compared to the TR logo used. This knife is post war Boker knife according to the dated logo examples given above
    In my opinion, the "tree" matches the pattern G17 circa 1920s-1930s.
    The text as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

The "Branches" slightly resemble runic symbols IMHO...G

After a long look, I have to agree with Larry regarding
    the tree Logo. Notice on the 30's logo the branches
    are thin and more symmetrical. The roots are
    also different.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Interesting indeed!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Larry, i did not post an advertisement..its a referencepage kind of....

I want to add something about the logo discussion, i think you overlooked something important:
    you just looked at the tree, whats even so important is the tekst NEXT to the tree.
    The tekst for the 1920-30 logo is the only one that has a match with this knife: H.Böker & Co Solingen
    I think the logo has a 1920-30 match, otherwise the trademark name would have added Germany too!

But i most admit never seen or heard of it before, and thats not in its favor.
    Why do we not see more of those knives?
    But then again, its Always possible to encouter something new, but period adware in cases like this is a must.
    Regards,
    Ger
    here is the page i posted a screeny of:
    WWII GERMAN DAGGERS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

Quote by rbminis View Post
    In my opinion, the "tree" matches the pattern G17 circa 1920s-1930s.
    The text as well.
    Ralph.
    My feelings as well Ger.
    Also, consider the information at the middle bottom of the white page.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Im seeing this variant not at all in any of my source reference ,( except this variant being used on a Firemans bayonet ),,and I say this looking at the bareness of the left side of the tree..as the right side of the tree..appears to be more full. The 1924-35 variant..the fullness is balanced on both sides.

Yet I also agree with Gerrit..that we have not seen more of these.
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-10-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast