Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

Maybe I can change your name from Rancid66 to....... "Stephen King"
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

Unfortunately, these copies make me paranoid.
    Larry, I'm not an expert at Marine SA daggers, so if you can, write something about crossguard, the difference from orginal?

Regards
    Vedran

Some of the crossguards were gold toned others were not..but theses brand new guards shown are not from the early period..they do not exhibit any internal markings and the injection mold spots seen are commonly seen on Late RZM guards. Worthless junk.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry for explain.
    I also found some repro crossguard for the SA or SS Honor dagger. (Basically, these type of daggers is for me exoticism.)
    There are not exactly something good.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Last edited by Rancid66; 01-02-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Late metal rings for Luftwaffe 2. model dagger scabbard (or Herr), also perfectly reproduced.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Those guards are horrible..which if were real would not have injection mold points....also these guards were hand chased..not stamped out. These are very obvious..and a poor quality set of fakes. The Luft rings I can not comment on... as there is nothing to the construction of these that stands out. Only Luftwaffe eyes would see a difference.

Another version of clips for Herr/Luftwaffe dagger hangers.
    Very good reproduction.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Hi Vedran,
    Thanks for posting all these recently produced fakes. It makes every collector aware that in this hobby knowledge is the most important thing. Can you tell us something about the origin of these fake parts? Where are these parts produced and what are they used for? Are they being used to replace parts of damaged (original) daggers/hangers etc or are they being sold as original parts? Or perhaps these parts are used to assemble completely new fake daggers and accountrements?

Danny

Thay originate from Europe, do not know the exact location. (Maybe is there's more locations?)
    For what they use parts: - probably for whole repro items, and for the reserve parts.
    Now how these parts are entered into the market?
    I do not know, actually I m a little afraid to even think about these situation.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Repro vertical SS dagger hanger.
    Hi is not exactly the best, but still hi can fool many.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast