Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

?

Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there.

The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s.
    Its believed, that these were for a large part private purchase knives in the hands of German troops.

Some of these Mercator knives were brought home by returning GIs

A cheap flimsy looking knife, but dont be deceived by the look of it; like the French counterpart, the Douk-Douk (also a thin handled metal knife), the Mercator will get the job done.

Cheap knives dont mean, that they dont work - just look at the modern incarnation of the traditional French Opinel knife as well.

Ooops, I think I just went full knife geek.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

Modern repro of SS chained dagger.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

SS dagger (GOTTLIEB HAMMESFAHR )

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

SS dagger 1053\39

Grip for M1938 Navy Dagger.
    It is not exactly the best one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

?

Here's an interesting one I recently found on an online auction. It has a laser etched trademark by Eickhorn. Not bad at all I would say. But when you look at the entire dagger you can see that the fakers have made a huge mistake. The sword of the squirrel should always face towards the tip of the blade. On this fake blade the sword is facing towards the crossguard. How stupid can a faker be

Danny

?

An original to campare with. Also notice that the blade of the fake one I posted above has no traces of crossgrain. Also a good way to spot them.

Danny
    Attached Images Attached Images Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions 

The chained SS is frightenly correct. The clip and the chain has a few niggles, but im sure many wouldn't notice. Scary!

Which countrys are these being sold in Vedran?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    Here's an interesting one I recently found on an online auction. It has a laser etched trademark by Eickhorn. Not bad at all I would say. But when you look at the entire dagger you can see that the fakers have made a huge mistake. The sword of the squirrel should always face towards the tip of the blade. On this fake blade the sword is facing towards the crossguard. How stupid can a faker be

Danny
    I always wonder that myself...I mean, you know the guy has either the real thing or else a photo of one that he's got in front of him making his fake from-doesn't he See the glaring differences? Some of these guys do some damned Good skilled work and then, at the last minute, they blow it with some ridiculous mistake?? Just amazing..
    Btw, they are trying to duplicate crossgrain now, I've noticed. Some are actually printing it on, etc. I suppose it's only a matter of time before someone gets it down right. Things are bad enough the way it is, i can hardly wait...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    The chained SS is frighteningly correct.
    Yes it is close enough for the untrained eye...but yet there is still alot wrong with it. Wagriff put it best in his reply to dr73... " Some of these guys do some damned Good skilled work and then, at the last minute, they blow it with some ridiculous mistake??

and they made some mistakes that can be seen. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast