Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

?

I think they will have a very hard time faking crossgrain. To me it seems impossible to make it look like real crossgrain but maybe I'm being too optimistic. When someone finds examples of faked crossgrain, please post them here so we can all compare it with the real deal!

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

Here is a very decent and recent SA dagger reproduction
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by dr73 View Post
    I think they will have a very hard time faking crossgrain. To me it seems impossible to make it look like real crossgrain but maybe I'm being too optimistic. When someone finds examples of faked crossgrain, please post them here so we can all compare it with the real deal!

Danny
    Hi Danny,
    may i bring this blade, to your attention. How do you like the cross grain?
    Regards,
    Gerd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

?

Hi Gerd, thanks for posting this blade. The crossgrain in the indicated area looks quite convincing. Is it possible to show more pictures of this blade? Especially a picture that shows the crossgrain on the entire lenght of the blade?

Danny

?

Here's an example of the pictures I'm referring to. Of course this is a real one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Sorry Danny,
    this is the only shot from the entire blade.
    Gerd

?

I would say that crossgraining is fairly easy to fake with the right tools and know how. I know this because I do it as a service to refurbish customers modern knives (nothing TR related). Not trying to be rude just saying don't put all your pennies in the crossgrain basket.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Here is a very decent and recent SA dagger reproduction
    Scarey berries! lol From what I can see in the pic, while the dagger looks convincing the fittings on the scabbard are blaaah.... Thanks for keeping us on the up and up Larry!

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Hi Danny,
    may i bring this blade, to your attention. How do you like the cross grain?
    Regards,
    Gerd
    Hi Gerd..is that supposed to be a Herder blade?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Gerd..is that supposed to be a Herder blade?
    No Larry,
    this is an 807/36 blade.I also have a 807 blade with the typical 1203 Herder etch pattern in my database.
    Gerd

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast