Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

Default Re: Near Perfect Edgd Weapon Reproductions

Thanks Vedran for the afforded view in excellent photography...the Army and Luft hangers show clean and detailed fittings with worn straps. For the novice these would be appealing to the eye...and worth nothing!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

The Naval hangers are very scary in appearance. Vedran,, if you may could you please point out a few attributes of what makes these naval hangers not authentic..except for the fact that the fittings are brand new. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No problem Larry.

Basically they can be identified by the lack of detail on the lion's eyes and eyebrows.
    Lion whiskers are also a little strange.
    Their greatest disadvantage to these Navy hangers is a compound clip and hanger rings.

Regards
    Vedran

Default Re: Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

These next photos are from member "Ceies" that were posted in the main forum,,, I am torn between 2 threads for these photos ...So i will place these photos in both...The Best of the Worst" thread...AND...."Near perfect edged weapon reproductions" thread. These bayos in particular are near perfect as the bayonets themselves are authentic. I am amazed and heart broken at the same time the amount of time and no mercy placed on these pieces of history.........RUINED....by greed. In the case of the bayonet with the Himmler inscription for the new collector,, is that ,, this inscription is only seen on early SS presentation daggers.

These will hurt your stomach from laughter and disgust at the same time. What is wrong with these is that the perfect blade etchings have been placed on worn bayonets without any surface wear to the etching themselves.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

?

Good point, Larry and I wholeheartedly agree.

I have no doubt, that these 'modifications' were clearly done from a motive of greed only and that somehow makes it worse IMO.

Fake Assman clips, for Germany de luxe dagger hanger.
    They are very well made.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

?

Most interesting thread indeed. Maybe you guys should keep some of the info on PM level Just saying.

Regards, Lars

Hi Lars... yes I hear what your saying...and I feel the thread has not crossed the line,,into exact detail of how an abnormality can be corrected. Example:.........multi image photos of all angles and specs,, size and shape.... That would be a give away. A few pictures to compare to what is authentic or not,,can only help the new collector. Duplicating the past with the exact metals and design is impossible..as forgers always leave a trail behind when it comes to this type of collecting. That part none of us will giveaway. The scammer/ faker would still have the same reference tools as we do. Reference books ,, photos and even period examples...the problem is..... that what was made in the past ...is in the past. The trained and studying eye can detect a fake,,, which is the easy part for the collector,,, but for the scammer its a harder road to climb to duplicate exactly. Due to most of their laziness,,,it is easier to steal photos,,,and begin a scam campaign. Its just a matter of time before the truth surfaces as we have already seen it with many period items today that never left a collection but are posted for sale somewhere in this world.
    The best we can do here for those who are honorable will uphold history and go the best lengths is to teach. The rest will come by in hand inspection. Scammers will come to nothing as they are the dirt beneath the collectors feet...that will be kicked off and blow away in time. They have no solid foundation in this world ,,but only to live for the present and take what they have not worked for. Thieves end up in jail or even worse. The greatest nightmares that no one can stop are mostly seen on Ebay and other Auction sites. Bidding on junk going into the hundreds or even a few thousand and only worth,, the metal its made of. Trollers,, crooked auctioneers,, prey on peoples motives,,,and the uneducated who thinks something is real because others are bidding on it assumes its real also...without researching it first. Most of this stuff seen here on this thread are from such sites and as a courtesy to those who need to see the truth. Its a tough balance sometimes

?

Hello Larry,

I did not insinuate you guys are helping the fakers, and as you say it's a tough balance indeed. I am sure all you who specializes in this filed are more than capable of judging where the lines is drawn It was merely meant as a reminder. If someone got too exited posting rights and wrongs. I only brought it up because me and a few members keep some our knowledge from the public on Soviet WW2 helmets as example Some things in that field is best kept in a close circle. Unfortunately it results in some members must take a statement on good or bad for face value. It's a tough balance indeed Larry. I am sure you know what you are doing

Regards, Lars

Hi Datrus...No bad feelings and no problem at all and as a matter of fact Im glad you posted the comment you did. Sometimes those who are not as prepared as like you and I and the other studied collectors,,it serves as a reminder ,,that yes sometimes it will cross the minds of those who might think....( Quote- "Oh he is saying too much about that" ( end quote )...so for the others who might have these thoughts,, the explanation was needed..... Datrus,,, Im glad you said what you did. Best Regards Larry

Also in addition,,,the more sensitive information is conveyed via PM
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast