Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

Article about: Yeah, Mercator as a brand is legit. Somebody just ruined a knife sticking those pooh fake TR markings on there. The brand has exsisted since the late 1800s. Its believed, that these were for

?

I agree that these navies look very real but when compared to an original they don't even come close. I don't want to give away too many details because unfortunately the people who make these fakes read these posts on forums like this too. But I can give a few hints. I can also say there are not many original parts in any of the three daggers that I've shown.

To produce a good fake is more difficult than many people may think. Every manufacturer has specific details that an experienced collector spots immediately. Some producers used makermarks that are stamped, others etched, some makermarks are always on the backside of the blade, others always on the front. Some makermarks are only used on army daggers and never on navies and so on. Many producers used only their characteristic scabbards, pommels, gripwire, crossguards etc. Fakers tend to get confused by all these variations and make mistakes. The best of the three fakes I show is the Alcoso dagger but even this one isn't even close to an original. The scabbard bands are wrong, the gripwire is wrong, the eagle is wrong and the crossguard is wrong. I hope they will keep on making this kind of mistakes for many years

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions
    P
    Many

Question German nazi waffen ss enlisted mans dagger genuine or fake?

I'm participing in a auction and I'm not sure if those are a genuine dagger and sword. Can someone tell me what they think? Thank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

Attached Images Attached Images Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions 

Hello General..welcome to the forum...both knives are repro..the SS dagger having a printed motto and off center is not consistent of an Eickhorn producer..as is what The RZM7/66 code refers to as a Late period dagger. The lower crossguard does not fit the grip at all and most horribly. The dagger IMO has some parts to it..this is one to stay away from. keep searching there are beter conditioned Late SS daggers to be found.

The HJ knife is modern day repro as the scabbard leather is new and the scabbard throat opening has a lip on the top of the opening.....NO HJ dagger had this. Read through some of the Threads in the HJ section of this forum and you will visually see the differences. A great investment is to obtain Ralf Siegerts HJ reference which exhaustively explains and shows the major to minute differences when collecting these types. Here is the link to an open thread for Ralf Siegerts reference https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/hitle...cember-229419/

On the HJ blade ricasso area has in English...Solingen Germany. This is nver encountered on period examples. Save your Money! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions

solingen luftwaffe dagger. original?Attachment 560010Attachment 560011Attachment 560012Attachment 560013Attachment 560014Attachment 560015Attachment 560016
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions   Near Perfect Edged Weapon Reproductions  

No, this is not a period dagger. Spurious markings, and incorrect grip and fittings are a bad sign even at a quick glance.
    Wolfgang

The Luftwaffe was not under the RZM control and did not mark their Luftwaffe daggers as such....and the use of a cheap alloy used for the fittings is obvious.....but thankyou anyway " Zsillie" as this example,, I will post into an ongoing thread " Near perfect edged weapon reproductions" Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here's another navy dagger that is currently being offered for sale for the price of 685 euro. A pretty good deal for a minty original. The etch looks perfect. That makes sense because this dagger was really produced by Hörster. Only problem is: it was produced by Hörster POST-WAR . Fortunately Hörster made quite a few changes in comparison to their wartime production so once you know what to look for, this dagger can easily be identified as post war. Just look at the scabbard bands, eyelets, gripwire and pommel and compare them to an original.

Danny

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello General..welcome to the forum...both knives are repro..the SS dagger having a printed motto and off center is not consistent of an Eickhorn producer..as is what The RZM7/66 code refers to as a Late period dagger. The lower crossguard does not fit the grip at all and most horribly. The dagger IMO has some parts to it..this is one to stay away from. keep searching there are beter conditioned Late SS daggers to be found.

The HJ knife is modern day repro as the scabbard leather is new and the scabbard throat opening has a lip on the top of the opening.....NO HJ dagger had this. Read through some of the Threads in the HJ section of this forum and you will visually see the differences. A great investment is to obtain Ralf Siegerts HJ reference which exhaustively explains and shows the major to minute differences when collecting these types. Here is the link to an open thread for Ralf Siegerts reference https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/hitle...cember-229419/

On the HJ blade ricasso area has in English...Solingen Germany. This is nver encountered on period examples. Save your Money! Regards Larry
    Ok thank for the advices and your expertise!

?

Cool

Well Danny thx for the info, but i have a much simplified method to see if a KM dagger or Heer is ok....
    I have speed dial on my cell phone...........and I just simply call......YOU

Here are some newer repros that I have got hold of. They are the same size and weight as the originals, strip down as the originals and the TENO hewer grip plates have the numbers 1 & 2 and the Eickhorn squirrel loge on the insid. The details of the cross guards are sharp but my camera is crap at macro shots.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast