Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger

Article about: first,,,is it Third Reich manufacture?...second,,what is general value if it is TR?...personally i am not sure of its background,,,it looks more like a after WW II production to me,,maybe ev

Default Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger

first,,,is it Third Reich manufacture?...second,,what is general value if it is TR?...personally i am not sure of its background,,,it looks more like a after WW II production to me,,maybe even a reproduction itself,,,all responses appreciated,,,thanks,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger   Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger  

Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger   Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help on this Etched Forestry Dagger

Tr ones usually have a bone, or ivory grip. I'll check some books and get back to you.

The Hunting Association Knife that you show Robert is practically unchanged sine it's introduction decades before the 3rd Reich adopted it, it is still being used today.

The metal fittings are of nickel silver and the handle is indeed made from genuine stag horn..

If issued during the TR period the insignia will sport a deer's head with a swastika centred between the antlers,

I think the one you show is a modern copy at worst, or a modern made piece at best

many thanks for your info John,,,Robert