Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger

Article about: Attachment 472746

?

Default Re: Finest Collections from the Finest of collectors

Attachment 472746
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger
    P
    Many

?

Attachment 472770Attachment 472769Attachment 472771
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger   Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger  

?

Attachment 472773
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger  

Default Re: Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger

I copied these 3 posts from the "best collections" thread to its own thread for discussion. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Far as the blade it does not look period done IMO.
    This type of deep etch is what I remember on them.
    Need thoughts on a Forestry daggerNeed thoughts on a Forestry dagger

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

its clear to see the swastika has been put on later.
    The blade wears the early W.K.& C. logo, it has the King & Knights head, so this blade can be dated late 19Th century, or not far off.
    The fittings of the scabbard and the way they are attached are correct for this period, they match.

It has nothing to do with the TR period.
    Its a typical Imperial one.

Cheers,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 02-24-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Hi Ger do you have a 19Th century pic of this style logo from W.K.& C for Forestry?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hi Eric,

it a typical etching of an imperial dagger with the W.K.&C. logo dating back to the late 19th century/
    i Quote Wittmann who has one in stock:
    " The obverse ricasso is stamped with the trademark used around the turn of the last century being the king and knight side by side with the firm’s initials below, “W.K.&C.”.

i own a great Kriegsmarine saber by W.K.& C. with the same logo, and that one is dated 1883-1890
    the scabbard fittings attachment, leather and etching all scream: 1883-1900

here are the pictures of Wittmanns Imperial.

Cheers Ger
    Need thoughts on a Forestry daggerNeed thoughts on a Forestry daggerNeed thoughts on a Forestry daggerNeed thoughts on a Forestry daggerNeed thoughts on a Forestry daggerNeed thoughts on a Forestry dagger

?

And here is the same logo on my Kriegsmarine saber with ivory grip.

Cheers Ger

Heres a Pic of that logo used on this type of knife below. The Swaz threw me off as I am not sure as Gerrit says,,if this was a period or recent add on. Maybe the original owner was a party member. Not sure,, but nicely applied,, looks kind of recent as something not normally seen on these types. Im not sure if these photos or the dagger itself are his ,now that he no longer resides here,,,but still a good topic. Regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images Need thoughts on a Forestry dagger 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill