Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

need your opinion for this diplomatic dagger

Article about: Real or Fake? Please your Opinions. Thanks Tom

Default Re: need your opinion for this diplomatic dagger

can any differences be seen with the photos I posted...and along with the grip plates? What are they?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger   need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger  

need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger   need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger
    P
    Many

?

As I said before,the detailing on the wings varies greatly between the two, the former shows that the rounding at the wings edges are not as pronounced as yours, the internal wing supports are longer than your example and I believe the thickness of the eagles varies as well

?

The edge of the grip plate metal cuts off sharply beneath the eagles neck as opposed to the gentle curve that continues downwards on your example, this is something I missed when comparing the one posted to the one shown in Johnsons edged weapons

?

The eagles swastikas differ, the suspect one has a thicker non defined one ,yours shows a very defined thinner example

One other thing to look out for is if a premium price is being asked for a (legitimate) dagger. And it's being advertised or sold as never been fooled around with, or as "never been apart" - then an extra degree of caution may IMO be needed. Because while some have obviously been taken apart. Many others have been taken part and reassembled, but have been or are being improperly described as "never been apart" - but just not as noticeable with a casual inspection. Fred

?

Wow Larry.... First off.. Welcome to to the forum Tom....Larry... Is this becoming of a "Moderator"?? We all have to start somewhere...Gwar...

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Wow Larry.... First off.. Welcome to to the forum Tom....Larry... Is this becoming of a "Moderator"?? We all have to start somewhere...Gwar...
    I think its perfectly normal to point out to any member that its common sense to look before you ask.
    This way you encourage people to be active with their hobby.
    Google is a great help, and then you have enough reference material when searching on websites from Dealers like Wittmann, LST or any forum like Germandaggers etc.

If that search will bring to you any insight about the subject, but your still not sure.....because all is new for you, or any other good reason, them post the dagger here accompanied with your thoughts or concerns.

You will not learn anything just by asking: Fake or Not?

If i only answer you: Fake! what would you learn? NADA, noppes, nothing, nichts!
    So do your research first, post what you learned, or post your concerns........and then ask.....then we will help as good as we can.

Cheers,
    Ger

First of all I would like to say I'm not an expert and I haven't touched a real one before.
    I don't like the fitting of the grip plates either.
    You would expect them to have a tight fit.
    Maybe a parts dagger, who knows?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Well as Moderator let me welcome you to the forum,,and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I apologize for not replying sooner as the weekend was busy and with it being Fathers Day..I wish you happy Fathers day also,,if you are a father and if you are not i wish you the best in the future that you will be come one............so Now as Moderator.......there are times that certain examples must be set to keep the forum in orderly fashion as I target no one for personal reasons but randomly like to remind those that the WRF has more to offer than most other sites. I also encourage no running in the hallways or bursting into a meeting in session as for sure this will generate a rebuke ..of "please be quiet"..if such rules are not in place..then a run amok ensues.

Now with Tom1967....he just happened to be the random example as i hold no grudge against him nor anything personal..but if examples are not set that ...Real or fake titles are allowed..then this particular forum will teach nothing and just give out answers. No we are not Google!!..we teach and answer questions..so every once in a while we let the "real or fake title slide"..but as a reminder also that the reference section here is quite large and welcome any questions..but the real or fake questions shows no initiative,,,and interaction. To this day as simple as the request was of mine the members still dont know the concerns Tom has with this dagger since he posted it. If a question was asked .."Im not sure of this dagger...and I tried to compare it with others but still seem lost"..thats fine too. Long story short....I dont want the members or new members to get used to the easy way out without studying..as anymore in this day and age,,people are getting lazy to try and research anything as Google is at our finger tips. Funny thing..Google and other search engines leads the collector to here,,,which is where the information is..so just as a library the journey begins. I like to keep a clean house and have fun at the same time..if you take alook at our "maker logo trivia thread at the top of the forum you will have an eyeful of stuff being said and posted. I play no favorites withanyone and all are welcomed and i also encourage all to TRY FIRST as the real or fake is an easy way out and most of the time it is used by new young members ,,, shills and posters,,,or just plain time killers.

Welcome to the Sword and Dagger forum of the WRF...there is alot to be gained here,, and the winner is the one who wants to learn Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Now that was spoken like a "True" professional moderator....I bow to you presence "Sir" and look forward to many ,many more insightfull threads and postings.... I also hope I can learn and someday contribute as much as you have and will.....Many thanks...Gwar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2