Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need your opinion for this diplomatic dagger

Article about: Real or Fake? Please your Opinions. Thanks Tom

Default need your opinion for this diplomatic dagger

Real or Fake? Please your Opinions.
    Thanks Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger   need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger  

need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger   need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger  

need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need your opinion for this  diplomatic dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: need your opinion for this diplomatic dagger

Looks to be a pretty nice original Diplomatic dagger with portapee by Alcoso,a shame its not the bayonet they are as rare as hens teeth, the grip of yours looks to be celluloid which has'nt been affected by too much yellowing

?

There are a couple of issues,namely the detailing on the makers mark and the feathering on the eagle, but wait for some more comments

Hi Tom your post Real or fake and no description!.....so my reply FAKE!! Please identify any concerns you may think,,, is on this dagger,, that would move you to ask a doubting question! I would encourage you and everyone else reading this thread to do some research first and use the Search engine located above right. This will bring up many threads pertaining to this dagger maker. To ask "real or fake" and not do any work is no way to learn anything. We do not mind to help as we look forward to helping those who will at least make a half hearted attempt in seeking the truth themselves. We are not bottle feeders here. Sorry to be so stern,,but the "Real Or fake" phrase is well worn out!!....Again please post any concerns that would cause doubt and we will surely reach out to you. Take the first step please

I have photo support when your ready to post your reply............No Grandfather stories either
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks

?

just take a look at wittmann he has a few for sale.
    then compare them, use only the gripplates...that will do..

Btw Larry is right LOL

Ger

Thanks Ger
    i watched pages wittmann and i have my doubts about the marker, but i am not sure.
    Tom

Ok ...so now lets dig into this particular dagger as a few days has past.......what concerns does Anyone Else have...or is there anything that appears to be not right. Tom has his doubts...but there are a few things visible I see that are visible. IMO its a parts dagger. Anyone Else?? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

ok thanks Larry

?

these ones are so tricky, but Paul from LST once gave an advise: watch the gripplates fit very carefully.
    The real ones have a perfect fit, look where they it all comes together: backplate, grip, and crossguard ring.
    I dont like the fit of the plates, if that is not one 100%, you better move ahead to the next offer...

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast