Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to the group and have a few questions

Article about: Hi everyone, I was trying to research a couple of daggers I just picked up and came across this forum. I noticed in a post someone said to steer clear of Snyder's Treasures and was curious a

Default New to the group and have a few questions

Hi everyone,
    I was trying to research a couple of daggers I just picked up and came across this forum.
    I noticed in a post someone said to steer clear of Snyder's Treasures and was curious about that- the guy I bought these from cited that as a site to check to confirm authenticity. I'm a little concerned now about my daggers.
    I was wondering if you folks could answer a few questions.
    One of the daggers is a Rad Hewer (I will try to post some pics), the handle is black and I can't find anything on line about a black handle, it also has the blood groove on one side only.
    There's another dagger that I will have to post pics of- I can't find anything that looks like it, but he claims it's a Luftwaffe dagger.
    The third was a Hitler Youth that I think may be fake- it doesn't have the Blut und Ehre motto on it, were these ever made without that? I've never heard of that before. I've been collecting for about 25 years and do not have a lot of WWII German stuff, so I'm definitely no expert.
    I appreciate any help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to the group and have a few questions
    P
    Many

Welcome Koogs,

You have come to the right place hot only are there massively experience guys on here but there is a massive amount of information which you can work with.

I suggest you post your questions about each item in single threads in the correct forums with the very best pictures possible. so members can give you their best advice.

To start you off in the daggers and edged weapons sections there is a sub section on HJ Knives. They did make them without the logo. But once again, send quality pics and we can probably help you sort out if it is real or repro.

The below section is just a great compendium of HJ knife research, discussions and descriptions.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/hitler-jugend/

Look forward to your posts
    Cheers
    General Putnam

Welcome to the Forum, friend...Photos will be necessary to tell you for sure, but you're certainly in the right place for help...HJ Daggers were made without Mottos as well...Shysters Treasures is to be avoided like the plague, he has one of the worst reputations in the hobby among seasoned collectors...
    Glenn

Thanks for the responses!!! I will definitely get some pics and try to post in the correct areas!
    This post was a reach out to direct me the right way, thank you!
    I'm at work right now but should be able to get some pics tonight.

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, friend...Photos will be necessary to tell you for sure, but you're certainly in the right place for help...HJ Daggers were made without Mottos as well...Shysters Treasures is to be avoided like the plague, he has one of the worst reputations in the hobby among seasoned collectors...
    Glenn
    Agree with you Glenn, he is not the one to authenticate the daggers, lol, although some Pearls can be found between the rocks...for the seasoned collectors

Ger

Black handle on a RAD Hewer.....ouch this does not sound promising.

That's what worries me! The guy I bought these form is reliable but he doesn't know militaria, it sounds like he's just believing what the seller told him. He said he did some research but all the stuff he sent me research wise doesn't add up.

Should I start a new thread in Daggers and Swords for the other 2? I post the pics of the Hitler Youth knife.

MAP
    ?

Quote by koogs13 View Post
    Should I start a new thread in Daggers and Swords for the other 2? I post the pics of the Hitler Youth knife.
    Start a separate thread on each of the daggers/knives/swords

Nice clear pictures. Knives are difficult to photograph so make sure you do not use a flash and if at all possible take them outdoors out of direct sunlight (in the shade )

Also upload all photos. Do not use photo hosting to add your pictures.

BTW...if you dealer is "reliable" he should know what he is selling. No offence, but if he is just passing things along (even with good intentions), then I would not "rely" on his views.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

"No offence, but if he is just passing things along (even with good intentions), then I would not "rely" on his views."

That's why I'm looking into this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast