Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.

Article about: Hello everyone, i have a few newbie questions about german daggers. the first: Object: an original N.S.S.K. dagger. The vendor asks 400 euro's, but is really scarce with his pictures. i aske

?

thats exactly what i'm doing isn't it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The NSKK "Huhnlein" dagger is a run out the door screaming fake. With for myself the best part of this thread the image that's posted below - with my thanks to Gunny Hartmann for his contribution. Fred

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post

?

I only assume one of the posted daggers is real, can you guess which one?

Don't try to guess, ... yoda...

The SS Dagger run from also..not sure of the rest of it..but the grip is obviously recent made. The grip eagle is obvious also having the flat cut angle to the wing feathers.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

could you maybe explain why the flat cut to the wing feathers is wrong?

Does this grip ........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	864420d1437663716-newbie-questions-about-sa-nssk-ss-daggers-nssk_dagger.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	867658

Look Like this grip??

Name:	829003d1429204859-my-first-ss-dagger-ss2photo-15-.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	867659

There are many examples to be seen throughout both SA and SS forums...of grips used that were made to fit specifications in grip length and girth.

The Grip eagles also throughout the SA and SS forums..also conform to the same specifications. The wings on these grip eagles were made to conform to the Art work approved by the NSDAP.

I can gaurantee you and greatly promise you that if take down that dagger with the bogus grip you will not see anything that would be matching in detail on the top and botttom of the grip...including the grip eagle..which in my guess may be glued in instead of pinned in through the grip. These eagles also have an RZM number.

Can you provide photographic proof of what I specified above? Is your grip eagle controlled stamp by the RZM?.... Does your grip conform to the standard grips we see on SA and SS daggers Inside and out ??

The forum community looks forward to your photos? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Love the study ^_^ ...lets pick this one apart and seek the truth

Name:	research1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	867674

?

- the first handle seems more square, or 'less ergonomical' to fit in the hand, the finish seems cheaper. the whole picture is less detailed.

- the second handle seems to fot the metal better, have a more refined finish, and looks to be nickel plated, by the yellow tint.

I must have overlook a lot if cleus, and i feel i'm too stupid to buy a German dagger with confidense. Other Bayo's, Alied daggers and Wo2 Japanisch blades seem easie to me, but with the german offerings i can't distinguish reals from fake sometimes, and that really annoys me.

if you guys don't mind i will keep bugging you with questions, and maybe pics, but i will not be sattisfied until i can tell the difference myself, i don't intend to ask you to evauate nazi daggers for me, thats not my point. i just have a hard time with them. \

if anyone knows any boos really worth the money i'm also open to those suggestions.

thanks guys!

Questions with sincerity to learn are always welcomed here. Bug away Axium

?

Okay then, an easy question, but hard to find through the search engine.

How do the SS/SA dagger, the Nahkampfmesser and the Luftwaffe/Heeres dagger compare, and difference in collectability?

Background: I Have a Collection of mostly Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting knives, some improvised thrench daggers and simmilar items(with providence ofcourse) and Ka-Bar and Applegate-Fairnbairn daggers, and i have an offer on an Nahkampfmesser very simmilar to ones discussed on this forum, and it has all the good signs, and none of the obviously fake tell's.

I'm more interested in edged weapons made for one thing, and one thing only, and i think the Nahkampfmesser fits this catagorie with ease, but if i buy this one i can't spend the money again on a probably fake SA/SS dagger.

I've bought myself a book, but its not that good at prices, or telling fakes or parts daggers(the last i can do myself ofcourse). but the specs of the nahkampfmesser are spot on the factory spec's. I want it, but can i sell it aswell?

btw, I didn't mention german bayonets, because they are as easy to find here as swiss army knives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast