Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.

Article about: Hello everyone, i have a few newbie questions about german daggers. the first: Object: an original N.S.S.K. dagger. The vendor asks 400 euro's, but is really scarce with his pictures. i aske

?

Default Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.

Hello everyone,

i have a few newbie questions about german daggers.

the first:

Object: an "original" N.S.S.K. dagger.
    The vendor asks 400 euro's, but is really scarce with his pictures. i asked more, and got some more. but not as much as i was asking.
    Problem: the botton crossguard(is that the right term for german daggers?) shows clear signs of recent activity on the pommelnut. when i mentioned this he stopped sending pictures. and said: "what you see is what you get, a can't change the price, these are rare".

i don't trust the dagger, and the seller, he could have just sent more pictures like i asked, or explained why the dagger has been taken appart. I'm right not thrusting this aren't i? i can't think of a reason one who is looking to make 400 euro's in a few hours is so scarce with pictures and information, and the recent activit around the pommelnut is a big no no right?

Second Object: an "early" Böker SA dagger
    It looks to be in very good condition, maybe too good. but without the m7/75 RZM Mark. are early SA dagger without that makers code? should it look like it was made yesterday? i don't trust this one either.

the vendor claims its a remake by boker, and has a reasonably low serial number... I assume that means its post war, and how collectable is it, if this story is true? what would be a reasonable price? it screams "dont buy me!".

are these very dumb questions, and am i right not trusting the daggers for my metioned reasons?

thanks in advance,
    Axium

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.
    P
    Many

I dont know to much about daggers but if you are questioning it go with your gut. As for the vendor if he is sketchy then that could be a sign.

?

As a new person looking into German daggers i want to know if my doubts are correct, or if I'm missing something, i do not ask to evaluate these daggers, so without text your reply is useless.

i wish to evaluate German daggers myself, and have some questions i haven't seen or read before, if i want you to evaluate German daggers i will ask, but the point is me getting to know the pitfalls of the many German daggers.

why are there so many fake or otherwise faulty German daggers, are so many people wannabe Nazi? there are lots of commonwealth daggers, but few are outright fake, or advertised as something they're not? isn't it much cooler to play commando than Nazi?
    Last edited by Axium; 07-21-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: i typed aks, but the rest of my post isnt in african american slang, or redneck for that matter.

Remake = Fake. As for the NSKK, if it's been messed with and the Seller basically says as much, tell him to shove it. He's selling junk and he Knows it. Avoid this seller Forever.

As for why there are so many fakes out there-that's simple. $$$$! If it costs 10 dollars to have a fake dagger made in India and you can Sell it as Real to unknowing collectors for 400 Euros or More....there's considerable Money to be made. People like to collect. People like to get rich. Together, you get people making fakes to steal other people's monies.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-23-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by wagriff View Post
    remake = fake. As for the nskk, if it's been messed with and the seller basically says as much, tell him to shove it. He's selling junk and he knows it. Avoid this seller forever.

As for why there are so many fakes out there-that's simply. $$$$! If it costs 10 dollars to have a fake dagger made in india and you can sell it as real to unknowing collectors for 400 euros or more....there's considerable money to be made. People like to collect. People like to get rich. Together, you get people making fakes to steal other people's monies.
    amen brother! Sing it from the edged weapon pulpit. Axium...Pictures and We mean good pics will help 9 times out of 10 as stated above. Also if distrust even raises a hair on eyebrow then don't blink and just run away...trust your gut even as a newbie. I wish I would have as we have all trusted and been burned. It only takes once though and tho shall be healed!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

and if his names Pawel forget it.

Boker SA ??

I would love to see photos of that one.
    ..and also to contribute to your question..it sounds to me it has been messed with and I would just walk away..if you are that moved by what you have seen.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

this is basically the daggers offered, they often go quite fast, or stay online with no bids forever. most are too clean i think. if you were cought in 1944 or 45 with this type of dagger you were shaved bald(also women) and kicked out of your town. most of this stuff was un-nazified by grinding, or stached and never spoken again about. therefore we have some good ones, some bad ones and few original ones.

our people are so pissed most sites still delete your advertisement if you mention nazi, ss, totenkopf or swastika.

Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.Newbie questions about sa, nssk and ss daggers.

prices vary between 400 and 2500 euro's.

u can imagine if find it hard to tell the fake's from the genuine. some are so fake they just might be real... i always ask for detailed pictures, and rzm codes so can compare online, but there are so many manufacturers the m7 goes from 1 to over 100.

?

Before you start spending money on daggers I would suggest you spend a lot of time on the dagger forums. There are lots of SA and NSKK daggers. Better to gain knowledge before you make some expensive mistakes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast