Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

Article about: Also some Wehrmacht tool knives are showing such clips:

Default Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

Among the flea market finds pictured here from a month or so ago was the Nahkampfmesser or Infantriekampfmesser shown here. ( Sorry for the somewhat dark photos. ) It's totally unmarked and has been repointed into something resembling a Bowie-style clip point. ( By it's G.I. captor, possibly? ) My understanding is it's what's termed "private purchase", therefore not an issue item, but I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas as to its manufacturer or any other information. Anything else would be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

I quite like the photos, very well laid I thinks......Cheers Terry.

Hi James welcome to the forum,, nice knife but not my area of strength. Hang tight,,someone who specializes in these will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello James,
    I can't help you with the boot knife but was just wondering, Were all these items purchased as a group?

Hi, Phil!

No, but they were all "collected" on the same trip to my favorite HUGE regional flea market at Canton, Tex. The "death card" and small funeral photo were from the same paper/postcard dealer, and the others from different sources. The Heeres Verwaltung administrative shoulderboard, an eBay purchase, was waiting when I got home. I just spread them all out so I could photograph them together for a post. This is my first death card, and I thought it more interesting than usual for the youth of the subject, plus the fact of his death on the very first day of the Ardennes Offensive!

Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

I typed the inscription into my translator and in case anyone doesn't read German, with a little adjustment for clarity here's what it says:

Prayer in Memory of

Hans Giglberger

Farmer's son from Engkofen
    Gefreiter in a Grenadier Regiment

which on the 16 December 1944 at
    the age of 19 years and 4 months
    suffered a Heroic death in the West.

Your poor young Life
    Hast thou given before time;
    Oh, infinitely difficult it is to say goodbye,
    That we may no longer see you again.
    Your grave is gently away, deep our pain,
    Rest you good, noble, Heart.
    Last edited by James N; 11-12-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Non-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

I just thought I'd show you how the Infantriekampfmesser and Panzer pip now look in their "final resting places" ( for now - I'm frequently changing things around as my collection grows ). Still NO ideas as to the manufacturer?

Quote by James N View Post
    ... Still NO ideas as to the manufacturer?
    I´m collecting fighting knives and I do know following manufacturers of the "Infanteriemesser 42" for sure:
    Gebr. Gräfrath, Gustav Spitzer, Tiger, Alcoso, Gebr. Weyersberg, Herder, Eickhorn, Höller, WKC, Klaas, Karl Wolfertz & Söhne.

Further, (possible ?), manufacturers:
    Christians, Solingen, Alexander Werke, Solingen, Schüttelhöffer & Co., Solingen, ...

BTW, collectors mates say, you can recognize some, particular, manufacturers by the grip plates ...

Most of all the "Infanteriemesser 42" weren´t maker marked !
    So, ...

Try the surch-function of the forum with "Infanteriemesser 42" and I´m sure, you´ll find some interesting threads ...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...e-blade-35381/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...knife-17917-2/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...horster-43220/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-hanger-35595/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...e-blade-69182/

Riebert,

Many thanks! It looks like mine ( except for the unusual spring-steel clip ) conforms pretty well to the regulation Infantriemesser 42. Interesting to see others with the "Bowie-style" clip point, too; even your Puma knives have it!

Thank you Reibert
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by James N View Post

Many thanks! It looks like mine ( except for the unusual spring-steel clip ) ...
    This clip isn´t "unusual" !

There´re, (roughly), around twenty, different German WWII spring steel-clips known ...

Here´s an example like your´s:

Non-reg. InfantriekampfmesserNon-reg. InfantriekampfmesserNon-reg. InfantriekampfmesserNon-reg. InfantriekampfmesserNon-reg. InfantriekampfmesserNon-reg. InfantriekampfmesserNon-reg. Infantriekampfmesser

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast