Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of Steyr

Article about: This Hirschfänger from Austria is pretty unique, dating it might be a bit more difficult but looking at its blade we see a distributers mark telling us that Leopold Ulrich took over the busi

?

Default Now something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of Steyr

This Hirschfänger from Austria is pretty unique, dating it might be a bit more difficult but looking at its blade we see a distributers mark telling us that Leopold Ulrich took over the business of L.Gasser, i found out that he owned it will from 1904 untill the 27 december of 1924.
    Its not the normally seen Cutlass blade, its not plain and it has no etching, and no gilded fittings.
    This ones made for use....bayonet like blade, steel blued fittings, its almost army like.
    This one has the OE WG stamp= Oesterreichischer Waffen Gesellschaft (Austrian weapons company) - nowadays known as Steyr.
    It hard to find a complete hunting set that has the skinner still present.
    What i like about this set is its appearance, i just fell for it, the colour combi, the para military blade.
    This one was made for the Austrian Jäger, and i think its a lovely display with my 16th century crossbow!
    Enjoy the pics

Regards
    Ger
    Now something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of SteyrNow something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of Steyr

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Now something completely else.....from the Austrian arms factory of Steyr
    P
    Many

a very nice combo.

?

Very nice my friend. You were absolutely right to purchase this one. The condition is great. Nice photo's too

Danny

Most likely a conversion of an Austrian/Steyr M95 bayonet I don't see the double headed eagle stamp that is usually present. Leftover or for some reason unused inventory? Not that it really has a bearing on what is in fact a very nice hunting sidearm. Well Done. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words
    Do you know the feeling that you cant walk by without stopping and picking it up....?
    Well i just cant..😊

Cheers
    Ger

Bravo Gerrit..a prize to withold

DONT SELL IT
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice find my friend ,I love Hirschfängers , congrats
    Larry,it would be nice to have here separate hunting section,what do you think ?

?

Fred you are right, the blade indeed seems to be a M95 Steyr blade, which is of course no surprise, producing M95 bayo would mean there are enough blades for small amounts of these Hunting Cutlass sets with Skinner.
    Lenght of the blade is 25cm and its 2.5cm wide.
    The Skinner / Beimesser only fits in one way and it amazing to see the skinner is secured perfectly, the craftmanship of this entire set is amazing.

Larry this Hirschfänger (just like my 16th Century Crossbow) is a keeper.

Ger

?

Nice Mr H... It looks lovely & with the crossbow even better. & I would put it somewhere you can see it every time you enter the room.. 2 thumbs up from this end of the world.

?

Very unusual Ger , i can see why you didn't walk past it , an eye catcher !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast