Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions need

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you for help with one NPEA chained dagger made by Carl Eickhorn. I would like to know your opinion about this one. Original or fake? I have checked some sites an

?

Default NPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions need

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you for help with one NPEA chained dagger made by Carl Eickhorn. I would like to know your opinion about this one. Original or fake? I have checked some sites and it is hard to find these daggers for comparison. Scabbard has green color (pictures are not good).
    Thank you, Mike
    NPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions need

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions need
    P
    Many

Hey Gents I need some sharp eyes on this NPEA as I am at the Max Show and have only my IPhone to look at the photos. I do not wantvyongive the wrong information to Mike. Eickhorn did make NPEA daggers. Close ups of the blade motto would help greatly. This type of dagger is highly faked and careful eyes with a larger screen than mine would be of benefit to see closer detail. Regards Larry

?

Hi Mike,

as far as i can see from these pics, which are not exactly razor sharp, and that makes the determination quite a bit harder, my 2 cents:
    The scabbard color is to dark, but what concerns me more: the Motto is not centered and the M is not the correct Eickhorn M
    I would not even think of buying it with this set of pics.
    When buying a 5000+ dagger all pics have to be in great detail, if they are not then ask yourself what they want to hide.

Cheers,
    Ger

I believe Dr73 Danny has posted one with excellent photos rather just recently . There are a few other threads.. that also have the Chained leader pattern .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

that was WolfeKnives who posted a NPEA leader dagger, but that was a Burgsmuller
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...d-npea-327483/

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Larry,

that was WolfeKnives who posted a NPEA leader dagger, but that was a Burgsmuller
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...d-npea-327483/

Cheers,
    Ger
    Hi guys,
    thank you for reply and opinion. I asked guy to send me better pictures of some details of dagger but till now there is no respond. In time I will receive pictures I will post it.
    Mike

Eick NPEAs are fairly uncommon. Those with the '35-'41 Eick mark are quite rare indeed so I would tread very gingerly in general with this dagger. From what I see, the scabbard paint does appear too dark but the scabbard looks to be an Eickhorn product, at least from a cursory glance. Get much better pictures & try to see if you can determine what the tang markings & inside crossguard markings are.

?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    Eick NPEAs are fairly uncommon. Those with the '35-'41 Eick mark are quite rare indeed so I would tread very gingerly in general with this dagger. From what I see, the scabbard paint does appear too dark but the scabbard looks to be an Eickhorn product, at least from a cursory glance. Get much better pictures & try to see if you can determine what the tang markings & inside crossguard markings are.
    Hi,
    I have received additional pictures. Please take a look on it. The guy promised me some more pictures of crossguards.
    Thanks, Mike
    NPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions needNPEA chained dagger Eickhorn - opinions need

?

It looks like the scabbard had a repaint, and i also think its not a Eickhorn grip.
    It doesnt have the standard 5 feathered Eickhorn Eagle, but instead one with 6 feathers.
    I would certainly ask for pics of the tang and the inside of the crossguards.
    I think the lower crossguard to throat fit on the chain side is not as we would expect from Eickhorn.
    So far im not tempted to buy this one.

Ger

I have to agree also with Gerrit and Billy G...which pics of the tang and crossguard are crucial in authentication. The scabbard paint now appears to be the Olive green color..so the first photos..gave a bad image impression. Another observation is ..Wolfknives example shows the amount of chain links being "5" and "7"...where as Mikes example exhibits..."4" and "6"...Im not sure of this as I dont have Siegerts reference in front of me at the moment..but this should be compared to other examples.
    I am not concerned too much with the crossguard to scabbard fitting... fit as these are later period fittings..and most daggers made of these type of materials...compared to some Later RZM dagger types were not perfect as some were not perfect in early SA and SS production.
    NPEA daggers are also quite difficult to discern..even the motto in photos can give false impression...which also should be reserved for an in hand inspection. Tang and Crossguard markings would be beneficial in this determination. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast