Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NPEA Hanger and water police knot.

Article about: Hi, Hopefully this is an original NPEA dagger hanger...posting for comments if possible please. Not my usual area of collecting so any advice appreciated. It is marked on the rear NPEA and h

Default NPEA Hanger and water police knot.

Hi,

Hopefully this is an original NPEA dagger hanger...posting for comments if possible please.

Not my usual area of collecting so any advice appreciated.

It is marked on the rear NPEA and has the remains of an RZM stamp down the middle rear,so I'm guessing thats positive. RZM is faded but reads L2/ ?1/38.

NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.

Came with a water police officers portapee ? definitely been on a daggger at some point in its life, again any positiive ID appreciated.

NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.

Thanks

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NPEA Hanger and water police knot.
    P
    Many

?

The Original NPEA frogs have one rivet in the middle and they tend a bit to one side, hard to explain but perhaps these pictures do show what i mean.
    Many examples lost their frog along the years and you will find dozens of different types on NPEA daggers, in a lot of cases collectors took what fitted, cause the Original ones are very hard to find.
    The one you show has a RBnr Kernstuck marking, and a lot of collectors contribute that type of hanger to the SA Feldherrnhalle daggers, some with a hole in the right side for the hanger ring.

I cant examen yours, but i would prefer a textbook one on my NPEA dagger, like the one thats on my former NPEA schulpforta dagger.
    So far it looks to be an Original one, but i cant tell if the NPEA marking is Original.
    Regards
    Ger
    NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.

here a similar one to compare, look at the marking
    NPEA Hanger and water police knot.NPEA Hanger and water police knot.

?

About the portepee, looking at the silver threads on the rounding of the acorn being flat by use, i consider that one as an Original.
    The repro threads do not flatten that much, they tend to stay more round, even when beaten up.

Ger