Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Personalized RAD hewer

Article about: Another one I would need opinions on, thanks.

?

It looks like both hewers I posted are a bust. I do not want cleaned, and to be honest the personalized etching looks crappy. Bill wrote this one up as the one to get, so thought it might have worked out.
    "You will get all the rest you need in the grave"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Visor,

I agree with your choice. Good discretion on your part to hold up. You can find a better one of these my friend that is uncleaned and in the untouched state. Engraving is a nice feature if done well. If you found yourself always staring it that is not cool either. You will be glad you held up someday when the right one slides into the collection. Good luck in your search. I have dropped a few photos of my Sword that was dedicated to a choirmaster. The Reverse langet features a engraved five line dedication: "Ihrem lb, Chormaster, Die Chor -, vereinigung, Baiersdorf". Translated: "Our Dear Choir Master from the Choir Association, Baiersdorf (Town)". Also engraved is a stylized entwined "G" and "E" which I assume are his initials. They are fun to find with some personalization for sure.

Quote by visor View Post
    It looks like both hewers I posted are a bust. I do not want cleaned, and to be honest the personalized etching looks crappy. Bill wrote this one up as the one to get, so thought it might have worked out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	338.7 KB 
ID:	765667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	321.6 KB 
ID:	765668  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	332.7 KB 
ID:	765669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	765670  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	765671  

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

I would pass on this hewer, all has been said above.
    I do not like the engraving, not like the originals we see (often enough) on nice uncleaned originals.
    Hewers are plenty on the market, do yourself and your cash a favour and find a nice uncleaned one!

Regards,
    Ger

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Did I miss the initials ??
    They just seem to look different from the other engraving.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Agreed...the engraving is bogus (The initials are "T.S." inside the shovel,Gwar). The hewer itself is over cleaned and harshly so. The engraving is extremely crudely done-not at all like one would expect to see on a presentation piece. The "S" in the T.S. is almost a blob and the shovel outline is crooked. Someone took an honest hewer and dolled it up looking to add another 500 bucks onto it and ended up making it worth even less than when they started....nice.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12