Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Police bayonet WKC

Article about: Very nice original police dress bayonet with some issues typical Wkc make on blade long swell still a nice bayonet. I have a stag plain dress bayonet by WKC it also has the long swell on the

Default Re: Police bayonet WKC

Very nice original police dress bayonet with some issues typical Wkc make on blade long swell still a nice bayonet. I have a stag plain dress bayonet by WKC it also has the long swell on the blade this was typical of WKC This feature was only found on short nco bayonets by other makers but WKC used it on the long models. Check on the spine for police proof either starburst or Eagle over B mark. I like WKC they also always put their logo on Obverse of blade instead of the Reverse or back of bayonet like other makers. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police bayonet WKC
    P
    Many

?

Guys take note of the Grip Eagle on this WKC Police bayo!

Its a different style of eagle that i personally like compared to the eagle normally seen on these bayos,

Take a look at the grip eagles on all the Police bayos on lakesidetraders site, they are all very similar to each other but none are like this one!

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Germa...ayonet/Police/

Regards Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police bayonet WKC  

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Guys take note of the Grip Eagle on this WKC Police bayo!

Its a different style of eagle that i personally like compared to the eagle normally seen on these bayos,

Take a look at the grip eagles on all the Police bayos on lakesidetraders site, they are all very similar to each other but none are like this one!

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Germa...ayonet/Police/

Regards Mac 66.
    I'm not sure if it's a good thing that the eagle is different but here is a closeup of the eagle and wreath Police bayonet WKC

I think it is a good thing..as there were various makers of key parts in assembly of these bayonets. This is what makes collecting fun and educational. Various producers were involved in making parts for their daggers/ bayonets and by request filled orders for other producers. We see this on alot of edged weapons especially on Army daggers. SA and SS daggers crossguards..grip eagles ,,runes buttons varied also. It depended upon the need at that time. Once in a while a rarity will surface as today we still have not seen everything that the Third Reich has produced. Truths are still surfacing today. I am going to say by the looks of this wreath eagle that it is an early type as it has the look of a nickel type..and the detail of who ever produced it is phenomenal. I likee it and see nothing wrong with it.
    Mac66 points this out in the link he has provided by Lakesidetrader.
    This bayo IMO is totally period and unmessed with. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks to everyone for their input on this bayonet .. Its definitely staying in my growing collection ..
    I have had a decent look all over it and can find no markings other than the knights head and the initials WKC .
    I will keep my search going for a scabbard "fingers crossed" ..

Thanks again ..

It's unusual also in the fact that it, unlike so many of these, has no unit markings. Generally, you'll find the stampings on the top fitting of the sheath and on the top of the blade on it's edge. Perhaps this one was not issued? And if it was, finding an unstamped sheath will be a longggg search!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

might have to resort to a decent repro for display puposes .iif their is one that is ..

Nice, I have one of those too. I bought it from a vet's newphew that didn't want anything to do with it. It is a typical "cut-down" type (done during the Weimar period) and reissued for the Nazi police. During this process, the original clam shell fitting (was located beneath the cross guard) was removed and the hilt repositioned accordingly. That is why you see the extra holes in the stag grip - this is where the original rivets were. The blade also was cut-down from 17" to 13" - easy to see if you look at the tip. Also, the blade fuller runs all the way to the tip, a sure tip-off that the blade was shortened. (Normally a blade fuller (groove in blade) will stop well short of the tip.) The Nazis did not care about the numbers stamped into the reverse cross guard and the reverse scabbard mount - that is why they ground-out the numbers on the cross guard as they did not use them. The "S.B." letters that are on the scabbard indicate the bayonet was originally used by the "Schutzpolizei" in "Berlin". (Berlin city police). No way to know which city the Nazi police used the bayonet.
    Police bayonet WKC Police bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKC

very nice .. yours looks like it has shorter grips

Thank you I just bought an Enlisted Rad Hewer with hanger, SA rare maker and a 2nd Edition Luftwaffe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast