Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police short bayonet - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I would like to ask you to help me identify if this short police bayonet is good one or not. I was traying to find some info on net but there is not to

?

Default Police short bayonet - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you to help me identify if this short police bayonet is good one or not. I was traying to find some info on net but there is not to much information regarding this one. I have found one on Mr. Wittman´s site but that one had maker mark. This one has no maker mark.
    Thank you, Mike

Police short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police short bayonet - ask for help
    P
    Many

a bit of wear to the head but still a nice one.

?

I'm not liking this one, my 1st thought is reproduction. It seems as though there are a lot of casting flaws on the pommel and then I see at least 3 holes from sand pits. The bright white stag grips are also usually a bad sign as well. Without the blessing of Billy G,Fred or Andy, I would pass this one by. My experience is limited in this area, so please wait until you get some more opinions from the above mentioned fellows.

Jim

?

Hi,
    thank you for reply. Here are some more pictures with better resolution. I hope this wil help to the others to help me.
    Mike
    Police short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for helpPolice short bayonet - ask for help

Actually this bayonet looks OK to me. Nothing I can see specifically that would make it appear as a post-war reproduction. The quality is typical of a later 3R produced bayonet, complete with uncut blade, wide-winged grip eagle, poor hilt plating & lack of a maker mark. 3R produced Polizei bayonets are on the scarce side in general.

?

Good news Billy! The roughness of the pommel, the casting pits and the light underbelly of the grips had me concerned. As I said, my experience with these bayo's is limited, so I am always looking to learn a little more.

Jim

Original later made police dress bayonet I have had some pretty shoddy later made ones also always unmarked usually and stag isn't the best quality some even have wooden simulated stage grips still a nice setup and getting hard to find and expensive in any condition. timothy

?

Billy, Timothy
    thank you for help with this bayonet. In this case I will keep it in my collection.
    Mike