Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police sword ... I think.

Article about: The button is the police insignia affixed to the degens grip.

Default Police sword ... I think.

Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.Police sword ... I think.I'm going to start 3 threads because they are picture heavy.
    Sword first then bayonet and last HJ knives.
    I've had these in my possession for some time but if there is something you see that you don't like please say so. Course you can also say if you like.

I think this is a policeman's sword. Correct me if I'm wrong. All in all in pretty good shape but someone at some point but a few small dings in the blade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police sword ... I think.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police sword ... I think.

You are 100% correct, it is Polizei. You have done a wonderful job of storing your treasures. The paint on the scabbard is exceptional. Overall condtion is great.

Jay

Thank you Jay, a compliment indeed.

I have more than a few more modern military style weapons and it was always locked away with them.
    Guess that's why a lot of the things I do have were out of sight - out of mind. Time to enjoy it I think.

Rudy

Hi Rudy, that is a great example. Enjoy it! A nice patina to it.

Cheers, Ade.

very nice indeed thankyou for showing,
    cheers Ronnie

I was right when I stopped using that thing as a toothpick years ago. All good for the real sword but bad for all the not real teeth I'm now stuck with.

Thanks,
    Rudy

Thats one hell of a set of long arms you must have then Rudy
    cheers Ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    Thats one hell of a set of long arms you must have then Rudy
    cheers Ronnie
    Sat on the toilet and held it with my toes. Works great until you start drinking Jack Daniel's Old #7.

Rudy

Yep, Police officer example from Alcoso indeed. Man, that grip wire is so patina'd I initially didn't think it was even present. I don't see any pressing issues with damaging types of oxidation so there's no need to clean her.

I've been doing a study project lately collecting images of various police degen grip buttons on both officer and NCO patterns from various manufacturers to ascertain the status of the buttons plating/wash. An interesting note is that we RARELY come accross Alcoso patterns which still retain the silver platings/wash to the grip button. For many years there has been speculation that possibly certain police degen grip buttons were not silvered and left with the natural copper color. I'm not convinced either way at this point, but i'm more inclined to believe that all of the degen buttons were plated/washed originally and just havn't withstood the test of time. My ACS police officer degen is mint conditioned all the way around,however the grip button is copper in color and shows absolutely no sign of any silver plating or wash remaining. I don't intend to take apart the grip assembly to ascertain if the reverse and sides of the button have any residual plating/wash remaining. Not that important. Still, I would like to settle an answer once and for all regarding the degen button plating/wash question.

Rudolf- can you ascertain through close inspection if you see ANY traces of any silver colored plating or wash on the button? Photos can be deceiving- hence the reason I ask.

At anyrate, nice example ya' got there.

Quote by Swordfish View Post
    Yep, Police officer example from Alcoso indeed. Man, that grip wire is so patina'd I initially didn't think it was even present. I don't see any pressing issues with damaging types of oxidation so there's no need to clean her.

I've been doing a study project lately collecting images of various police degen grip buttons on both officer and NCO patterns from various manufacturers to ascertain the status of the buttons plating/wash. An interesting note is that we RARELY come accross Alcoso patterns which still retain the silver platings/wash to the grip button. For many years there has been speculation that possibly certain police degen grip buttons were not silvered and left with the natural copper color. I'm not convinced either way at this point, but I'm more inclined to believe that all of the degen buttons were plated/washed originally and just haven't withstood the test of time. My ACS police officer degen is mint conditioned all the way around,however the grip button is copper in color and shows absolutely no sign of any silver plating or wash remaining. I don't intend to take apart the grip assembly to ascertain if the reverse and sides of the button have any residual plating/wash remaining. Not that important. Still, I would like to settle an answer once and for all regarding the degen button plating/wash question.

Rudolf- can you ascertain through close inspection if you see ANY traces of any silver colored plating or wash on the button? Photos can be deceiving- hence the reason I ask.

At anyrate, nice example ya' got there.
    By button I assume you mean the very end of the top. It is all good as you see it however the area that would be just above your small (don't like pinky) finger actually has some of the
    metal starting to deteriorate. You can see the finish getting worse in that spot in the picture. I'm thinking that when the sword was removed many people may have had their little finger
    on the outer portion of the grip. I know I'm not using the proper terminology but as I sit here that is were my hand seems to go naturally.

Tell me what you need a picture of and I'll do my best.
    This sword by the way has probably only been touched 50 times at most in the last 38 or so years since we have had her and always had hand oil wiped off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast