Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

polizei alcoso

Article about: hi guys im so excited right now my first major buy is coming soon (i had to split the payment on 4 months but i buy from him every month so he is a part of my life in a way haha) so he thoug

Default polizei alcoso

hi guys im so excited right now my first major buy is coming soon (i had to split the payment on 4 months but i buy from him every month so he is a part of my life in a way haha) so he thought it was ok and i think its so beautiful! waht do you guys think regards Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polizei 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	833569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polizei 2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	833570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polizei 3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	833571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polizei 4.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	833572

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi DS..Im a bit reluctant..on the ferrule ( which lacks any detail ) and the grip eagle appears to be smaller cast. Hold onto your money glad you posted here..what for some other opinions..but for myself..I would rather be safe than sorry. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

For all the wear on the upper scabbard fitting, the scabbard body itself looks very perfect. A repaint? The leather disk is almost certainly replaced as well. In fact, almost all of the metal fittings-including the eagle-show roughness, but hardly a speck of wear to the grip leather or it's coloration? I'm with Larry on this one...I'd not feel good picking this one up.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I'm not a sword guy, per se, but there's a couple of things I notice when looking at the pics. As Larry mentions, the grip emblem does appear slightly smaller than the space it's meant to occupy. To me, it looks like one of those late war solid grip emblems for a Polizei bayonet. Tom Johnson had those for sale & still may. It also appears as if there's epoxy around the emblem itself, not sure because I'm looking on a phone now.

I would also agree that the ferrule looks surprisingly sparse of detail & the scabbard does look too good not to be a repaint. Just thoughts in general but concerns that should be looked at when considering a purchase.

These are still not that tough to locate. Wait for a better example. My personal preference is for the P D Krebs product, with throat and guard stamped with the SS-Kulturzeichen mark.

hmm ok because i cant help but think that less than 500 euros is a pretty good price for it but is it real or a fake? this guy gives "proof of legitimacy" so to speak so i think its real, but is it that its a salvaged sword, like built out of parts? and i found a similar ferrule on a polizei sword on this site that goes for about 1000 dollars -
    so is it still a good price less than 500 euros? regards sweden

hi again guys i talked to him and he said he got it in bulk amongst another polizei swordClick image for larger version. 

Name:	clemen 2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	836550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clemen polizei.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	836551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clemen 3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	836552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clemen 4.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	836553 so do i need to be worried? mine looks alot like another sword on that militaria site i posted above this and i mean less than 500 euros can i realy pass on that regards and high hopes for your cunning answers DS

My first ever purchase turned out to be a real bad one. I made that mistake without asking around for opinions from people who know much more then me.
    Why not save you cash for a couple of months instead and buy a nice (non repainted/cleaned/buffed?) sword.
    I still regret my first ever purchase. Dont do the same mistake.

hmm im confused is it real but refurbished? or is it fake? because if he thought it was i dont think he would include proof of legitimacy paper, im sorry if im a bit slow today guys, it has been long day. regards DS

'Proof of legitimacy paper' or COA is worth nothing
    unless you can return it whenever you like for a
    full refund - no questions asked. Is your seller
    up to that ?

Personally, I'd take the other members advice
    and wait for a better one.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast