Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently bought this German edged weapon knot and need your help in further identifying it... Is this a German sword portepee or a bayonet trodell, which war/period and for

RON
    ?

Default Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?

Hello everyone,
    I recently bought this German edged weapon knot and need your help in further identifying it...
    Is this a German sword portepee or a bayonet trodell, which war/period and for which regiment?
    Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?

Hello, looks like a WWII era portepee for a municipal police bayonet. Here is apic of a similar one from a webiste

Hi Ron, it is a Heer NCO's sword portepee. WW2 in date.

Hi Aldo, that bayonet should not carry that style.

Cheers, Ade.

RON
    ?

Thanks Ade!
    Would it fit this type of swords (see hereafter; I guess these are NCO ww2 as well, right)?

Also, what about the 2 other knots I posted (see previous note); could you help me identify those as well?

Cheers,
    Ron

?

Hello Ade, that is how it's being sold on a reputable militaria website so i made the asumption it was the correct type for the bayonet. Al.

It's possibly a Heer, Polizei or Feuerwehr sword knot, depending on the color of the dot. Do you know what color the dot is? Just an observation, the strap looks to be missing a bunch of the metallic thread.

RON
    ?

We've already established with the help of Ade that the 1st knot is a WW2 NCO Heer Sword Portepee (it's the first one listed at the very beginning of this thread); I just want to see now if displaying it on the above-posted sword would match (see 3 replies up for sword picture)?
    There's also 2 more knots I was trying to identify; here they are:
    Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?Portepee or Trodell? WW2 or WW1?

We on this forum have a secret weapon, Ade.All military sites beware you are being checked!

Regarding your first knot, I don't believe it's definitely a Heer sword knot because we don't know the color of the dot. Granted most sword knots that have a black leather strap & 3 metallic threads are Heer but the Polizei sword knot, officer grade, had such a strap with a combination of black, red & silver threads in the dot. Similarly a Feuerwehr sword knot, officer's grade had such a strap with a carmine dot. Looking at the strap alone is generally not enough but odds are it's Heer. Also, Heer sword knots also came with strap that had 2 metallic rows of thread.

The carmine/silver piece is a Feuerwehr EM knot, the green/silver piece is a Heer NCO knot.

Hi Ron, Billy is correct on the other two knots that you have shown.

As said the odds are the other knot is Heer, but just to put the issue to bed, please show the end of the knot. As Billy says the dot is the deciding factor. I am not a betting man, but the odds are it will be Heer as these are the most common ones to find.

The main thing is that all the items shown are original.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast