Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo

Article about: I want to thank Kevin 1947 and Big Ned for this idea,,, see this link http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagger...dagger-195543/ This post war dagger maker made daggers as souveneirs for GIs that

Default Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo

I want to thank Kevin 1947 and Big Ned for this idea,,, see this link
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...dagger-195543/

This post war dagger maker made daggers as souveneirs for GIs that were returning home and did not want to go empty handed. I have noticed a few daggers made by this company,, so this thread is for the sharp eyed collector.
    Is there any identifiable parts from other makers that you can see on what Kevin1947 posted?
    AND!!....what other examples are there with this maker logo? I have seen one other example which were on SA daggers. Below are a few pics,, to which (I make no claim to the dagger or the photos but used for reference purposes only!)
    Take special note of the guilt reserved for Honor daggers and the rough looking etching of the logo!!
    Are there any other type examples other than the Army shown and this Late SA? Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo   Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo  

Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo   Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Post war blade maker Richard Balke aka B & A logo

A friend of mine has one of the usual plastic gripped SA Dienstdolchs by this maker.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

There are 2nd pattern Luftwaffe daggers out there by B&A, all that i've seen have the white grip. Looking at the Heer dagger crossguard I'd hazard an inexperienced guess at it being possibly manufactured by WKC?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Did anybody see the 2nd model Luft dagger that Creg Gottlieb has on his site? It has a silver and gold blade engraved with a flourishing Signature o of Reich Marchall Herman Goering ! I don't think its real but I just wanted the experts to have a go at it.

Quote by operaman View Post
    Did anybody see the 2nd model Luft dagger that Creg Gottlieb has on his site? It has a silver and gold blade engraved with a flourishing Signature o of Reich Marchall Herman Goering ! I don't think its real but I just wanted the experts to have a go at it.
    Any chance of a linky Operaman?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.