Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Postschutz Dagger

Article about: Hi All, I’ve just come across a very nice Postal Dagger...... but to me it really looks like the chain has been tampered with ...... The Dealer does mention that the chain is 100% correct, a

Default Postschutz Dagger

Hi All,

I’ve just come across a very nice Postal Dagger...... but to me it really looks like the chain has been tampered with ...... The Dealer does mention that the chain is 100% correct, and states this sort of clip is correct for the dagger..... I’ve looked at loads of Postchutz and never seen before.

Notice the Suspect one has a slotted hole and the connecting rings have been opened and some time. The dagger couldn’t hang correctly with slotted holes surely!!

I have my doubts .... see comparison pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postschutz Dagger   Postschutz Dagger  

Postschutz Dagger   Postschutz Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postschutz Dagger
    P
    Many

Quote by Stevade View Post
    The Dealer does mention that the chain is 100% correct, and states this sort of clip is correct for the dagger.
    There is the kicker and in that sentence the dealer uses " A " truth to cover his item.
    It is true that the chain is correct and this "Sort " of ( type , model, pattern etc .) ...is correct for this dagger. Yes ..this is true also ....but separately and not for this dagger shown.

Are there any more photos you can post of this dagger other than the chain?
    Bill Shea who sells this dagger is a Gentleman and very reputable ..yet sometimes oversights can be made and he may have received this dagger as is in the condition it is being posted for.

Wait for other thoughts on this chain and clip ...but for me I like all consistent fittings. I rather be a purist and wait a little while longer for a whole example to come along that fits my needs ( to each their own ) ...and in this day and age of whats happening in this hobby it is wise to be patient.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry
    Yes the dagger is on the Ruptured Duck Web-Site ( along with 2 other Postal Daggers )
    I agree the Chains are correct, not sure about the last 2 connectors or the clip though!
    The rest of the dagger looks good as far as I’m concerned.
    However like you said, this clip is not original to this dagger.
    I have dealt with Bill and found him to be honest, and I shouldn’t think he was trying to con anyone at all, but the chains have been tampered with, and the clip is not correct in my opinion.
    Try convincing a Dealer in a few years time that it’s correct if ever you wanted to part exchange it for an upgrade!!
    I’m the same as you I’d rather wait until a 100% correct one comes along before considering a purchase.

P.s I posted a RAD Leaders a few weeks ago ... I was hoping you’d comment as your views are always valued.

Kind Regards

?

Buying an expensive dagger like that, would imo result in a need of a textbook example.
    This clip has been replaced, thats pretty clear.
    Buying and selling or upgrading in the future is so much easier with textbook daggers...

Ger

My feelings exactly Ger .... Thanks

The colour and patina clearly show the clip is not original to the chain.

Thanks Anderson
    Even the final connectors to the clip have been prised open at some stage ... that’s obvious.
    But being sold at top book price.

A huge problem with Postschutz daggers is the weakness of the original belt clips. Finding an original replacement of these clips is near impossible but let's say this is a replacement, the price should reflect that. Top retail price is not where it should be at.