Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pretty RAD!!!

Article about: Hi Guy's, This is my latest acquisition, a minty RAD Hewer by Gottlieb Hammesfahr with full 'Bullet' type rig......and I think a little bonus with it. It's out the woodwork from a watchmaker

superb hewer Ned,I can't think of anyone who deserves more.maybe me.lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pretty RAD!!!
    P
    Many

?

a big hewer for a big Ned
    You hit the jackpot there Neddy
    Lovely Hewer with a big bonus, a lovely hanger!

Thx for showing

Ger

As you say, a rad RAD Ned!!!

I thought you were a badge man???? ( not THE Badge man of grassy knoll fame of course! ............. )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice set!! I have one by Hammesfahr too and it is very heavy nickel silver based and patinaed quite dark! Funny thing is I picked mine up from Austria also, perhaps the RAD groups down there bought from Hammesfahr in bulk?? Mine came with the bullet type hanger like yours. Congrats.. Kevin

Very nice Ned congrats. One of these are on my wish list.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

What a great hewer, I never saw both style hangers on the same piece, that alone makes it one of a kind and the hangers probably match the price of the hewer itself! worth every penny. Welcome to the RAD hewer club!

Hi Ned..stunning find!!...It is truly rare finding any RAD dagger with full crossgrain...someone must of loved this one and preserved it well. A complete and full rig..with IMO ...the extra bonus appears to be a some type of anti swing accoutrement..as we see on SA daggers w/3pc hangers..and that brass chain we see on Naval daggers. Quite impressive!! ./ Seeing this complete rig says much about the original owner. Possible an early death..or moved to a more reputable position and the need of this dagger..was not useful to him. Thanks for sharing...quite lovely. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I can look at gems like this all day. Thanks for posting.
    Ned... or Larry.... were these hewers used at work, or just carried in uniform/parades?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As you say, a rad RAD Ned!!!

I thought you were a badge man???? ( not THE Badge man of grassy knoll fame of course! ............. )

Dan
    I do occasionally dip a toe into the realm of edged weapons Dan! This is all of them as of this moment....I know there will be more as and when.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to reply, you've all been very kind!

Regards, Ned.

Pretty RAD!!!
    Last edited by big ned; 03-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2