Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????

Article about: I recently came into a couple of pieces from WWII. I know one of them to be 1st edition Luftwaffe Dagger possibly by Emil Voos; although I have some questions related to proper identificatio

teacherman64
    ?

Default Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????

I recently came into a couple of pieces from WWII. I know one of them to be 1st edition Luftwaffe Dagger possibly by Emil Voos; although I have some questions related to proper identification. And then I have a Kriegsmarine Tiefseetauchermesser, although I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding information and valuation for it. Does anyone know anything about these items. I've posted a link to some pictures I've taken of the two. My main question about the Luftwaffe piece is that the blade is unmarked and I haven't seen the wire pattern on the grip looks different than any of the pictures that I have seen when researching. Lastly, I chatted online with a collector who indicated that I should have the leather on the scabbard redone, but then another collector told me not to do anything. Is there some way that I can be sure that it is an Emil Voos? Did other manufacturers create 1st editions with unmarked blades as well? Please check out the pics and advise if you have any information to help me out. I want to get these items sold, yet I have no idea where to begin on valuation and identification.

WW2 Antiques - a set on Flickr
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????   Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????  

Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????   Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????  

Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????   Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????  

Attached Images Attached Images Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????  Question about some edged weapons and field equipment???? 
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-27-2013 at 01:04 PM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Question about some edged weapons and field equipment????

Hello Teacherman,, I have added a few photos as this is a requirement of the WRF to provide you the best analysis for the items in question. The link you provided will eventually become useless amounting to dead space for our collectors needing a point of reference for future 1st Model Luftwaffe examples. Our collectors here will give you their best assessment and opinions to help you in answering any questions or concerns. Enjoy your stay here,,and take a look in our Luftwaffe subforum when you get a chance to compare your example to past examples posted here. Regards Larry

Luftwaffe at War relics forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill